WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems with alternate stone name

WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems with alternate stone name

Ken Treis
We run a couple of stones on our server; one for the production system and one for a continuous integration / acceptance testing repository where we can play with a copy of yesterday's production data.

Setting this up is not a big deal; we make a copy of the seaside directory and change scripts and config files that refer to the "seaside" stone. But we also have to change WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems class>>executeGemCommand: since the seaside path is hard-coded there too.

The best we could come up with is this (changes emphasized):

executeGemCommand: command
| commandLine |
Transcript cr; show: '---', command, ' Seaside gems', ' ('; show: TimeStamp now printString; show: ')'.
commandLine :=
(GsFile _expandEnvVariable: 'GEMSTONE' isClient: false),
'/',
(System stoneName findTokens: $!) last,
'/bin/runSeasideGems30 ',
command,
' ',
self default name,
' ',
self defaultPortString.
Transcript cr; show: (System performOnServer: commandLine) withSqueakLineEndings.
Transcript cr; show: '---Finished Seaside gems ', command, ' ('; show: TimeStamp now printString; show: ')'.

Any problems with that? I published as Seaside-GemStone-Tools-Production-KenTreis.14.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.

Re: WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems with alternate stone name

Dale Henrichs
Ken,

Looks pretty reasonable ...

Dale

| We run a couple of stones on our server; one for the production
| system and one for a continuous integration / acceptance testing
| repository where we can play with a copy of yesterday's production
| data.
|

| Setting this up is not a big deal; we make a copy of the seaside
| directory and change scripts and config files that refer to the
| "seaside" stone. But we also have to change WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems
| class>>executeGemCommand: since the seaside path is hard-coded there
| too.
|

| The best we could come up with is this (changes emphasized ):
|

| executeGemCommand: command
| | commandLine |
| Transcript cr; show: '---', command, ' Seaside gems', ' ('; show:
| TimeStamp now printString; show: ')'.
| commandLine :=
| (GsFile _expandEnvVariable: 'GEMSTONE' isClient: false),
| '/',
| (System stoneName findTokens: $!) last,
| '/bin/runSeasideGems30 ',
| command,
| ' ',
| self default name,
| ' ',
| self defaultPortString.
| Transcript cr; show: (System performOnServer: commandLine)
| withSqueakLineEndings.
| Transcript cr; show: '---Finished Seaside gems ', command, ' (';
| show: TimeStamp now printString; show: ')'.
|

| Any problems with that? I published as
| Seaside-GemStone-Tools-Production-KenTreis.14.
|

| --
| Ken Treis
| Miriam Technologies, Inc.

Re: WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems with alternate stone name

Johan Brichau-2
Hi,

Why not: (System gemEnvironmentVariable: 'GEMSTONE_NAME') ?

Johan