WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Robert Sirois
Was Seaside 2.9 intended to be used with Pharo beta 1? WAKom still doesn't work with that version.

RS

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®. Try it now.

Re: WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Damien Cassou
How did you install Seaside 2.9?

2009/8/7 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:

> Was Seaside 2.9 intended to be used with Pharo beta 1? WAKom still doesn't
> work with that version.
>
> RS

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Schwab,Wilhelm K
My understanding is the WAKom is on the way out - they are creating "adpators" or something like that, and have a new way of controlling them.

2009/8/7 Robert Sirois <[hidden email]>:

> Was Seaside 2.9 intended to be used with Pharo beta 1? WAKom still
> doesn't work with that version.
>
> RS

Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Robert Sirois
Thank you, Torsten's method seems to have solved my problem. I had a Seaside 2.9 changeset I just dropped in there and tried to use WAKom like in a Squeak image.

Silly question I'm sure, but what is the difference between the two web servers? The callbacks?

Thanks!
RS

Re: WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Philippe Marschall-2-3
Robert Sirois wrote:
> Was Seaside 2.9 intended to be used with Pharo beta 1? WAKom still
> doesn't work with that version.

I assume you're talking about alpha4. That's our fault and not the one
of Pharo.

See the thread "MNU after clean install..." [1]. In general you'll get
the best and quickest answers on the Seaside mailing list. To quote Julian:

This is fixed in Seaside-Adaptors-Comanche-jf.41 if you want to update.

Or:
 - add a call to #new in WAKom>>defaultCodec and
WAKomEncoded>>defaultCodec; or
 - use the control panel available in the World->Tools->more... menu
to add the instance instead; or
 - execute "WAKom default codec: WANullCodec new"

 [1]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2009-July/thread.html

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAKom and Seaside 2.9

Philippe Marschall-2-3
Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
> My understanding is the WAKom is on the way out - they are creating "adpators" or something like that, and have a new way of controlling them.

That's true, we try to have a uniform interface for all kinds of servers
(Kom, Swazoo, ...). There will be two main "interfaces" a graphical
server manager and the WAServerManager class.

Cheers
Philippe