WAStateRegistry objects keeps getting bigger

WAStateRegistry objects keeps getting bigger

William Harford
Hi all,

WAStateRegistry objects keeps getting bigger. Is that right? In busy
sessions objects grows to 5,000 6,000 +.How big does the typical
WAStateRegistry objects get?

I am a little stumped as to why it is getting so big. I would of
thought it would be something like
  (Number of components on a page) * 20 .

What am I missing?

Thanks
Will

Re: WAStateRegistry objects keeps getting bigger

Avi  Bryant

On Mar 31, 2006, at 12:17 PM, William Harford wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> WAStateRegistry objects keeps getting bigger. Is that right? In
> busy sessions objects grows to 5,000 6,000 +.How big does the
> typical WAStateRegistry objects get?

William,

It shouldn't keep growing indefinitely if the weak dictionaries are
enabled and working.  It's a little trickier than (number of
components on  a page) however, because if you have deep call/answer
chains, everything in the chain is still referenced and so won't be GCd.

Avi