WASystemConfiguration

Nick
Hi

I'm creating WASystemConfiguration derived class and I'd like to set a
default configuration item to a path based on the applications
dispatcher's path. However 'self application' gives me the /config
application and i can't see any easy way to find what application I'm
configuring from within my WASystemConfiguration object.
Any thoughts?
Nick

Re: WASystemConfiguration

Julian Fitzell-2
Hm... no, configurations definitely don't know what they're the configurations of.

Can't you just store the relative path and add a method to the application/session that gives you back the full path?

Julian

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Nick Ager <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I'm creating WASystemConfiguration derived class and I'd like to set a
default configuration item to a path based on the applications
dispatcher's path. However 'self application' gives me the /config
application and i can't see any easy way to find what application I'm
configuring from within my WASystemConfiguration object.
Any thoughts?
Nick

Re: WASystemConfiguration

Philippe Marschall
2011/8/20 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>:
> Hm... no, configurations definitely don't know what they're the
> configurations of.

And they're singletons. So different handlers reference the same
instance, right?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WASystemConfiguration

Nick
Can't you just store the relative path and add a method to the application/session that gives you back the full path?

perfect and I've added a check-box to the configuration to say if you want to include app's name in the path - seems to work well

Nick

Re: WASystemConfiguration

Julian Fitzell-2
Well, of the SystemConfigurations, indirectly, sure. Each handler has its own instance of UserConfiguration - that's where the actual values are stored for the handler - which points to the singleton SystemConfiguration.

Julian