WATask and browser re-direct

squeakman
Greetings,

I have the following in a WATask:

MyWATask>>go
    self call: RedirectThing new.
    self halt.

The component RedirectThing does a browser redirect with code like this:

RedirectThing>>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot

    anHtmlRoot meta redirectAfter: 2 to: self redirectUrl

I do get to the redirected page but control never gets transferred back
to the "self halt" in MyWATask>>go.

Is there some way to call #answer: from RedirectThing so that control
goes back to MyWATask>>go and still getting the redirect to work?

Thanks,
Frank

Re: WATask and browser re-direct

Johan Brichau-2
Hi Frank,

You only get back to the control flow following #call: when you send an #answer: in a callback.
If you do not want that, you can also use #show: instead of #call: (see http://book.seaside.st/book/components/calling/show-answer)

Maybe you should explain a bit more on what you are doing. It seems a little strange to me to call a component to do a redirect.
Maybe we can help a bit more.

Johan

On 05/07/2012 3:40 AM, Johan Brichau wrote:

> Maybe you should explain a bit more on what you are doing. It seems a little strange to me to call a component to do a redirect.
> Maybe we can help a bit more.

I am trying to use PayPal.  PayPal has the following flow:
1. Call PayPal to start a payment - PayPal returns a token which is to
be used in the next step.
2. From within the same web browser as in Step 1, redirect the web
browser to a new PayPal url.

I have this sequence implemented in MyWATask which looks like:

MyWATask>>go
   | payPalToken |
   payPalToken := self call: PayPalStep1.
   self call:( PayPalStep2 new token: payPalToken).
   self halt.

PayPalStep2>>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
   anHtmlRoot meta redirectAfter: 2 to: 'http://www.somePlaceElse.com'

What I want to happen is to have PayPalStep2 do do the redirect and then
somehow do an #answer: so that control can go back to MyWaTask>>go and
hopefully execute the "self halt".

I hope this explanation sheds some light on what I am trying to do.

Thanks for you hints on using show:  I will experiment with that.

Regards,
Frank

Re: WATask and browser re-direct

Reza Razavi
At 02:30 06/07/2012, squeakman wrote:
>What I want to happen is to have PayPalStep2 do do the redirect and
>then somehow do an #answer: so that control can go back to
>MyWaTask>>go and hopefully execute the "self halt".

Frank,

I'd suggest having a look at:

SqueakTwitterAPI >> twitterCallback

The package is: 'Twitter-Squeak'

Hoping this helps,
Reza

On 06/07/2012 12:18 AM, Reza Razavi wrote:

> I'd suggest having a look at:
>
> SqueakTwitterAPI >> twitterCallback
>
> The package is: 'Twitter-Squeak'

This was a huge help, pretty much exactly what I was looking for, a big

At 14:35 07/07/2012, squeakman wrote:

>On 06/07/2012 12:18 AM, Reza Razavi wrote:
>
>>I'd suggest having a look at:
>>
>>SqueakTwitterAPI >> twitterCallback
>>
>>The package is: 'Twitter-Squeak'
>
>This was a huge help, pretty much exactly what I was looking for, a
>big thanks.

Thanks for your feedback Frank!

This piece of code addresses indeed smartly a quite complex problem,
while providing a framework for addressing other similar ones.

Reza
http://linkedin.com/in/razavi