WAUrl

rshiple

Should I have to subclass WAUrl to avoid WAHtmlDocument in a printOn: ?

>>printOn: aStream
| document codec |

codec := [ self requestContext codec ]
    on: WARequestContextNotFound
    do: [ :e | WANullCodec new ].
document := WACurlDocument on: aStream codec: codec.
self encodeOn: document usingHtmlEntities: false

Re: WAUrl

Lukas Renggli
This seems to be wrong. Please file a bug report.

Lukas

2009/9/11 Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]>

Should I have to subclass WAUrl to avoid WAHtmlDocument in a printOn: ?

>>printOn: aStream
| document codec |

codec := [ self requestContext codec ]
    on: WARequestContextNotFound
    do: [ :e | WANullCodec new ].
document := WACurlDocument on: aStream codec: codec.
self encodeOn: document usingHtmlEntities: false

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAUrl

Julian Fitzell-2
Agreed. This is ugly and has been bothering me for a while. Not sure of the solution off the top of my head and might have to wait for improvements to encoding in 3.1 but do, please, file a bug report for it.

Julian

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
This seems to be wrong. Please file a bug report.

Lukas

2009/9/11 Robert Shiplett <[hidden email]>

Should I have to subclass WAUrl to avoid WAHtmlDocument in a printOn: ?

>>printOn: aStream
| document codec |

codec := [ self requestContext codec ]
    on: WARequestContextNotFound
    do: [ :e | WANullCodec new ].
document := WACurlDocument on: aStream codec: codec.
self encodeOn: document usingHtmlEntities: false

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: WAUrl

Philippe Marschall
2009/9/12 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>

> Agreed. This is ugly and has been bothering me for a while. Not sure of the solution off the top of my head and might have to wait for improvements to encoding in 3.1 but do, please, file a bug report for it.

I would rather say we ask the document whether we should use HTML
entities. Not nice, not oo, but works.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: WAUrl

Philippe Marschall
2009/9/12, Philippe Marschall <[hidden email]>:
> 2009/9/12 Julian Fitzell <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Agreed. This is ugly and has been bothering me for a while. Not sure of
>> the solution off the top of my head and might have to wait for
>> improvements to encoding in 3.1 but do, please, file a bug report for it.
>
> I would rather say we ask the document whether we should use HTML
> entities. Not nice, not oo, but works.

After staring low enough at the code I think I found an acceptable solution:

Cheers
Philippe