WS-I Basic Profile conformance of VW Web Service implementation?

WS-I Basic Profile conformance of VW Web Service implementation?

Joachim Geidel
Hi,

I'm trying to get an overview of VisualWorks' Web service capabilities.
While the documentation is quite good, it doesn't say which versions of
the SOAP, WSDL, and WS-I standards are implemented. Does it conform to
the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1
(http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html)?

This would imply conformance to SOAP 1.1, Simple SOAP Binding Profile
1.0, RFC2965 (HTTP State Management Mechanism), WSDL 1.1, and parts of
UDDI V2 if I understand the Basic Profile correctly.

The only version information concerning standards I found was for UDDI
in the Web Services manual where it says that VisualWorks implements
UDDI 1.0 - but the manual is from 2004 and might be outdated.

Thanks in advance,
Joachim Geidel

Re: WS-I Basic Profile conformance of VW Web Service implementation?

James Robertson-3
 From our engineering group:

We have implemented:
1. SOAP 1.1
2. HTTP 1.1 RFC2616
3. XML 1.0
4. WSDL 1.1. (Currently supported only SOAP over HTTP binding)
5. UDDI 1.0
6. Compliant with Basic Profile 1.1 (There is an open problem with
identifying SOAP faults. We still create SOAP fault message as it was
specified in WSDL 1.1. We hope to address this in the winter release)

At 12:05 PM 5/21/2006, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to get an overview of VisualWorks' Web service capabilities.
>While the documentation is quite good, it doesn't say which versions of
>the SOAP, WSDL, and WS-I standards are implemented. Does it conform to
>the WS-I Basic Profile 1.1
>(http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html)?
>
>This would imply conformance to SOAP 1.1, Simple SOAP Binding Profile
>1.0, RFC2965 (HTTP State Management Mechanism), WSDL 1.1, and parts of
>UDDI V2 if I understand the Basic Profile correctly.
>
>The only version information concerning standards I found was for UDDI
>in the Web Services manual where it says that VisualWorks implements
>UDDI 1.0 - but the manual is from 2004 and might be outdated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Joachim Geidel

James Robertson, Product Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView