WSAENOBUFS

1 message Options

WSAENOBUFS

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

I'm trying to make sense of some errors I saw today.  This was on a Win98
box that had been up for over a month, so it was no doubt getting a little
tired.  Very abrubtly today, it became less than verbose, at least as far as
TCP clients were concerned, and it started logging WSAENOBUFS errors right
around the time that the problems started.

Based on what I did _not_ see before restarting machine, I'm hopeful that it
was simply reaching its limits for up time.  Arguments against this theory
will be taken quite seriously, so fire away :)

Some reading on the bought-out DejaNews (Google) lead to the following,
which seemed worthy of recording in our archive:
------------------------------
Message 2 in thread
From: Johnny Xia ([hidden email])
Subject: Re: WinSock Send Buffer error.. HELP!!
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.vc.debugger
Date: 2001-01-04 17:22:12 PST

I have ever encountered the same error code, my experience is that don't mix
using Winsock1.1 API and
Winsock2.0 API. For example if the socket is created by socket(...) then do
not use WSAXXX function.
Hope this is helpful.

Johnny Xia.

I have no way of knowing whether Johnny is correct in warning against mixing
socket() and friends with WSA* functions, but, the Sockets Connection
violates his rule.  I've had very good luck with Dolphin sockets, but, this
might be worth to considering in future revisions.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.