Walkback in Active X Control Browser

Ian Oldham
When selecting File New from the Active X Control Browser (DST4.01.3 Pro) I
get the attached walkback. I figure there's something wrong with the
CLSID(ImagXpr5.ImagXpress.1) that's the parameter to the
OLELibrary>>oleRegGetUserType:dwFormOfType:pszUserType: as I get the same
walkback in what I think is a clean image. Has anybody got any idea as to
what I need to do to sort this out?

    thanks, Ian.

10:27:21, 08 July 2001: 'HRESULT Error: Invalid value for registry
(FACILITY_ITF)'
OLELibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
OLELibrary>>oleRegGetUserType:dwFormOfType:pszUserType:
COMObjectRegistration>>getUserType:
COMObjectRegistration>>description
[] in ICatInformation class>>controls
SortedCollection>>quicksortFrom:to:
SortedCollection>>sortFrom:to:
SortedCollection>>reSort
SortedCollection>>addAll:
OrderedCollection(Collection)>>asSortedCollection:
ICatInformation class>>controls
AXControlSite class>>chooseControl:
AXControlBrowser>>fileNewControl
Symbol>>forwardTo:
[] in Command>>value
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Command>>value
AXControlBrowser(Shell)>>performCommand:
CommandQuery>>perform
DelegatingCommandPolicy(CommandPolicy)>>route:
[] in ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
ShellView(View)>>onCommand:
ShellView(View)>>wmCommand:wParam:lParam:
ShellView(View)>>dispatchMessage:wParam:lParam:
[] in InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
ProcessorScheduler>>callback:evaluate:
InputState>>wndProc:message:wParam:lParam:cookie:
InputState>>pumpMessage:
InputState>>loopWhile:
InputState>>mainLoop
[] in InputState>>forkMain
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess

Re: Walkback in Active X Control Browser

Blair McGlashan
Ian

You have corrupt and/or outdated information in your registry. The AX
control browser should handle the error better, but the real solution is to
clean away the entries that are causing the problems. This can be done by
hand if you are familiar with registry entries for COM objects, but it is
easier to use a utility like RegClean. Try searching microsoft.com for this.

Regards

Blair

news:RXV17.7367$[hidden email]...