Walkback in new download with Auto-Correct create class...

Walkback in new download with Auto-Correct create class...

TimM-3
Sorry - found a small walkback...

Unfortunately its something you are likely to do doing TDD however this a
workaround:

In a new test class create your first testMethod, reference a class thats
not there as follows.

testMethod

    | x |

    x := SomeNewClass new.

    x processIt.

Now unfortunately you can't save the method as SomeNewClass is not defined.
If you click on SomeNewClass (don't hilite it - Auto-Correct has a bug that
if you hilite the class its grayed out) - right click and choose
Auto-Correct - Create Class, you get a walkback.

UndefinedObject dnu: #methodClass
CodeRefactoringTool defineClassForVar: aStVariableNode

Its on the first line where it creates the dialog.

..inPackage: presenter selectedMethod methodClass

Workaround is maybe something like:

    ...inPackage: (presenter selectedMethod) ifNil: [ self selfClass]
ifNotNil: [:c | c methodClass ] .

I did think you had a second bug - when I saved a method and got past this
walkback, I then tried to auto-correct #processIt and got a self halt in the
workspace for #populateAutoCorrectMenu - however that appears to be gone in
the new download...

Where should we report bugs now the beta is over?

Tim

Re: Walkback in new download with Auto-Correct create class...

Blair McGlashan
"TimM" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Sorry - found a small walkback...

Don't be sorry, the sooner we know of a problem the sooner we can fix it (or
decide not to for now :-)).

> [snip]

I've recorded this as #2012, and in this case we will fix it for PL1.

> I did think you had a second bug - when I saved a method and got past this
> walkback, I then tried to auto-correct #processIt and got a self halt in
> the workspace for #populateAutoCorrectMenu - however that appears to be
> gone in the new download...

Yes that was incomplete functionality that was fleshed out prior to release.

> Where should we report bugs now the beta is over?

We prefer via comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin.

Regards

Blair