Wallback window resizing.

Jurko Gospodnetic
Hi all.

  Just wondering if the wallback window doesn't resize nicely on
purpose or if it's a bug? And, if it is a bug, can it be fixed in any
of the following D5 patches or at least in D6?

  Thanks,
    Jurko

Re: Wallback window resizing.

Bill Schwab-2
Jurko,

>   Just wondering if the wallback window doesn't resize nicely on
> purpose or if it's a bug? And, if it is a bug, can it be fixed in any
> of the following D5 patches or at least in D6?

I'll defer to OA for the real answer, but as a workaround, note the Copy
button on the walkback window, and that the call stack appears in the
.errors file.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Wallback window resizing.

Jurko Gospodnetic
Thanks Bill.

> I'll defer to OA for the real answer, but as a workaround, note the Copy
> button on the walkback window, and that the call stack appears in the
> .errors file.

  Actually, this behavior never presents an unavoidable obstacle, but is
often
quite irritating... :-) for example, when you're in a hurry testing
something and
'yet another walback jumps out'. :-)

  Thanks again,
    Jurko

Re: Wallback window resizing.

Ian Bartholomew-18
Jurko,

>             for example, when you're in a hurry testing
> something and
> 'yet another walback jumps out'. :-)

You can turn the initial walkback dialog off (it's one of the first
things I do to a clean image) so that you go straight to the debugger -
it's one of the debugger's UserOptions

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: Wallback window resizing.

Blair McGlashan-2
"Jurko Gospodnetiæ" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:bsp7om$n7q$[hidden email]...
>   Hi all.
>
>   Just wondering if the wallback window doesn't resize nicely on
> purpose or if it's a bug? And, if it is a bug, can it be fixed in any
> of the following D5 patches or at least in D6?

The walkback window is somewhat "special" in that it is actually constructed
from a "real" Windows dialog template, and it uses low-level Windows APIs
rather than the MVP subsystem. There are a couple of reasons for this:
1) To avoid a base system dependency on MVP.
2) To minimize the amount of the class library relied upon by the walkback
dialog so that it will appear even when the system is badly damaged.

Actually the only reason the window is resizable at all is so that the long
error messages in the caption can be seen by widening the window. It could
be made to resize as MVP dialogs using layout managers do, but it seems like
a low priority enhancement.

Regards

Blair