Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Zeeshan Ansari

Hi All,
I want to connect two morphs with a line for a UML editor application I'm working on. I want to show the line being created as the user moves the mouse from the source morph to the target morph. Once the mouse is over the target morph and the mouse released, the line should be created.

Can someone explain how I would go about doing this. Which events would I need to capture, etc.

Thanks.

Re: Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Luc Fabresse
Hi,

 Carla did the SmallUML GSoc in 2010.
 She also provided a MinimalConnector library to do this IIRC.

 Maybe it is what you are looking for.

Luc

#Luc

2013/4/25 Zeeshan Ansari <[hidden email]>

Hi All,
I want to connect two morphs with a line for a UML editor application I'm working on. I want to show the line being created as the user moves the mouse from the source morph to the target morph. Once the mouse is over the target morph and the mouse released, the line should be created.

Can someone explain how I would go about doing this. Which events would I need to capture, etc.

Thanks.

Re: Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
You have to subclass TransferMorph

I may have an example somewhere

(Actually I have the example running in an old image, I update the code and send it to you :) )

Ben

On Apr 25, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Zeeshan Ansari <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,
I want to connect two morphs with a line for a UML editor application I'm working on. I want to show the line being created as the user moves the mouse from the source morph to the target morph. Once the mouse is over the target morph and the mouse released, the line should be created.

Can someone explain how I would go about doing this. Which events would I need to capture, etc.

Thanks.

Re: Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
Load Slice 10407, because without it, no easy way to define your own TransferMorph

You can have a look at the code attached, it defined a simple Spec UI (you can easily find the Morphic part in it),
and a subclass of TransferMorph creating a from the draggedItem to the mouse.

This Morph is usable in a fully Morphic UI, so it may interest you :)
(it's a pro to, so the code is not documented, sorry)

Ben

On Apr 25, 2013, at 5:14 PM, Zeeshan Ansari <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

DragLinksExperiment.st (6K) Download Attachment

Re: Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Ben Coman
Zeeshan Ansari wrote:

> Hi All,
> I want to connect two morphs with a line for a UML editor application I'm
> working on. I want to show the line being created as the user moves the
> mouse from the source morph to the target morph. Once the mouse is over the
> target morph and the mouse released, the line should be created.
>
> Can someone explain how I would go about doing this. Which events would I
> need to capture, etc.
>
> Thanks.

Its not exactly what you asked, but just to round out your options, you
might check out the Roassal "Rubber Band" example in Moose 4.7.

cheers -ben

Re: Want to connect two morphs with a line.

Zeeshan Ansari
Hello,

I'm having trouble loading a slice. What exactly is that and how do I load it into my Image. Does this need to be run on Pharo 2.0 or can I use it on 1.4?
Once I file in the changes, how do I run the example.

Thanks.

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

stephane ducasse
a slice is simply a package with dependencies. Normally loading a slice loads its dependent packages.
So this is handy to get all the changes touching several packages in one click.

Stef