[Wanted] Welcome email for Newsletter

Marcus Denker-4
Hi,

As you know, we have a monthly Pharo newsletter which goes out to >2000 subscribers
each month. It is growing steadily.

The platform we use (Mailchimp) allows for a “Welcome Mail” to be send for new subscribers.

What do you think a short mail like that should contain?

        Marcus

Re: [Wanted] Welcome email for Newsletter

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 08:29, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As you know, we have a monthly Pharo newsletter which goes out to >2000 subscribers
> each month. It is growing steadily.
>
> The platform we use (Mailchimp) allows for a “Welcome Mail” to be send for new subscribers.
>
> What do you think a short mail like that should contain?
>

> Marcus

<Here is something, mostly copy/pasted from the website>

Hello and Welcome to Pharo !

You just subscribed to the Pharo Newsletter mailing list.

Each week you will receive an update on what is going on in the Pharo community. An archive of past posting can be found at

  http://newsletter.pharo.org

Our main website [ https://pharo.org ] is the best place to get started as it contains links to various resources, such as

  http://books.pharo.org - a library of published books
  http://mooc.pharo.org - an extensive online course

Pharo is a mininal, elegant, pure, reflective object language.

  Yes, in Pharo they are only objects! Nothing else.
  Yes, the complete syntax of Pharo fits on a postcard.
  Yes, we code in the debugger and Pharo has super cool tools that empower you and make you super efficient.

Pharo's goal is to deliver a clean, innovative, free and open-source immersive environment.

By providing a stable and small core system, excellent developing tools, and maintained releases, Pharo is an attractive platform to build and deploy mission critical applications.

Pharo fosters a healthy ecosystem of both private and commercial contributors who advance and maintain the core system and its external packages.

Pharo features

  A dynamic, pure object-oriented programming language in the tradition of Smalltalk
  An IDE (integrated development environment)
  A huge library and set of external packages

Furthermore

  Pharo is supported by the industrial Pharo consortium [ http://consortium.pharo.org ]
  Pharo has also an association of users: Pharo association [ http://association.pharo.org ]

Regards,

The Pharo Community

Re: [Wanted] Welcome email for Newsletter

John Pfersich
mininal should be minimal

Sent from my iPad
For encrypted mail use [hidden email]
Get a free account at ProtonMail.com

> mininal

Re: [Wanted] Welcome email for Newsletter

Marcus Denker-4
Thanks, I will use that.

        Marcus

> On 7 Feb 2018, at 10:03, John Pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> mininal should be minimal
>
> Sent from my iPad
> For encrypted mail use [hidden email]
> Get a free account at ProtonMail.com
>
>> On Feb 7, 2018, at 00:32, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> mininal

Re: [Wanted] Welcome email for Newsletter

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
<Here is something, mostly copy/pasted from the website>
<some edits/corrections>

Hello and Welcome to Pharo !

You just subscribed to the Pharo Newsletter mailing list.

Each week you will receive an update on what is going on in the Pharo community. An archive of past posting can be found at

 http://newsletter.pharo.org

Our main website [ https://pharo.org ] is the best place to get started as it contains links to various resources, such as

 http://books.pharo.org - a library of published books
 http://mooc.pharo.org - an extensive online course

Pharo is a mininal, elegant, pure, reflective object language.

 Yes, in Pharo there are only objects! Nothing else.
 Yes, the complete syntax of Pharo fits on a postcard.
 Yes, we code in the debugger and have super cool tools that empower you and make you super efficient.

Pharo's goal is to deliver a clean, innovative, free and open-source immersive environment.

By providing a stable and small core system, excellent development tools and maintained releases, Pharo is an attractive platform to build and deploy mission critical applications.

Pharo fosters a healthy ecosystem of both private and commercial contributors who advance and maintain the core system and its external packages.

Pharo features

 A dynamic, pure object-oriented programming language in the tradition of Smalltalk
 An integrated development environment (IDE)
 A huge library and set of external packages

Furthermore Pharo is supported

 by the industrial Pharo consortium [ http://consortium.pharo.org ]
 by its users through the Pharo association [ http://association.pharo.org ]

Regards,