We cannot remove package [was] Re: How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

We cannot remove package [was] Re: How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
So....again this problem. Please guys, this is a stop-the-world problem. We simply cannot remove packages.
In http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6493  I removed lots of packages. The packages does not seem to appear, but classes are still present.
For example,  FLPackageStore  is from the removed package FuelPackageLoader. However, if you browse that class it exists and it is under _UnpackagedPackage

we really need to fix this.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
So removing 'System-Object Storage' didn't work. I did:

ScriptLoader new deletePackageNamed: 'System-Object Storage'.

Now the MCWorkingCopy is removed (I don't see the package in Monticello Browser), but I can still browse the class DataStream, and the package is available from Nautilus.

Now if I do:

RPackageOrganizer  default unregisterPackageNamed: #'System-Object Storage'

I don't see the package in Nautilus, but the class "DataStream" is still alive. I can do "DataStream name -> #DataStream" ..et...when I browse it with Nautilus I don't see the class but the category _UnpackagedPackage..

so...how the hell can I remove this package and class from everywhere in the system?

thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: We cannot remove package [was] Re: How to correctly remove a package for everywhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ok, I found the problem and I propose a fix here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6503
if anyone can review...

thanks