We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

Damien Cassou
Hi everyone,

we are working on a new website for Pharo! We need your help. If you
have some time, please create and send us one of the following items:

- An up-to-date screenshot of Pharo 3.0 that shows some cool features.
It should be 800px wide ;
- A screencast ;
- A paragraph (around 40 words) that presents a nice topic about Pharo
and a corresponding screenshot.

We will select 1 large screenshot, 3 screencasts and 4 topic paragraphs.

This could be a very nice way for you to contribute to Pharo!

Best,

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-users] We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

EstebanLM
please do not answer all at once! (subtle irony)
anyway, I have to add that screencast has to be Pharo3 based.

cheers,
Esteban

On 15 Apr 2014, at 13:03, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> we are working on a new website for Pharo! We need your help. If you
> have some time, please create and send us one of the following items:
>
> - An up-to-date screenshot of Pharo 3.0 that shows some cool features.
> It should be 800px wide ;
> - A screencast ;
> - A paragraph (around 40 words) that presents a nice topic about Pharo
> and a corresponding screenshot.
>
> We will select 1 large screenshot, 3 screencasts and 4 topic paragraphs.
>
> This could be a very nice way for you to contribute to Pharo!
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Re: We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

Max Leske

On 15.04.2014, at 13:03, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> we are working on a new website for Pharo! We need your help. If you
> have some time, please create and send us one of the following items:
>
> - An up-to-date screenshot of Pharo 3.0 that shows some cool features.
> It should be 800px wide ;
> - A screencast ;
> - A paragraph (around 40 words) that presents a nice topic about Pharo
> and a corresponding screenshot.
>
> We will select 1 large screenshot, 3 screencasts and 4 topic paragraphs.
>
> This could be a very nice way for you to contribute to Pharo!
>
> Best,
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill

Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 11.57.52.png (347K) Download Attachment
stack serialization with fuel.txt (575 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-users] We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

abergel
Hi All,

We, as ObjectProfile, are __very__ interested in providing a screencast.

Is there any deadline for this?

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Apr 16, 2014, at 6:16 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> please do not answer all at once! (subtle irony)
> anyway, I have to add that screencast has to be Pharo3 based.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
> On 15 Apr 2014, at 13:03, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> we are working on a new website for Pharo! We need your help. If you
>> have some time, please create and send us one of the following items:
>>
>> - An up-to-date screenshot of Pharo 3.0 that shows some cool features.
>> It should be 800px wide ;
>> - A screencast ;
>> - A paragraph (around 40 words) that presents a nice topic about Pharo
>> and a corresponding screenshot.
>>
>> We will select 1 large screenshot, 3 screencasts and 4 topic paragraphs.
>>
>> This could be a very nice way for you to contribute to Pharo!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
>> losing enthusiasm."
>> Winston Churchill

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: [Pharo-users] We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

Nicolas Petton

Alexandre Bergel writes:

> Hi All,
>
> We, as ObjectProfile, are __very__ interested in providing a screencast.
>
> Is there any deadline for this?

I'd say Thursday :)

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: We need *you* for the upcoming Pharo's website

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Nice one, why not add a file browser as well ?

<Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 11.57.52.png><stack serialization with fuel.txt>

On 21.04.2014, at 22:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Nice one, why not add a file browser as well ?

Sure, maybe the text then needs a small update:

<pharo-3-external-stack.png>

stack serialization with fuel.txt (668 bytes) Download Attachment

On 21 Apr 2014, at 22:51, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21.04.2014, at 22:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Nice one, why not add a file browser as well ?
>
> Sure, maybe the text then needs a small update:
>
> <stack serialization with fuel.txt>

Argh, I didn't see the text the first time; your explanation with the drag&drop makes the file browser (less/not) necessary.

On 22.04.2014, at 00:16, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2014, at 22:51, Max Leske <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 21.04.2014, at 22:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Nice one, why not add a file browser as well ?
>>
>> Sure, maybe the text then needs a small update:
>>
>> <stack serialization with fuel.txt>
>
> Argh, I didn't see the text the first time; your explanation with the drag&drop makes the file browser (less/not) necessary.

:p

No problem. Now the description is more complete.