We're up!

Andy Bower
Folks,

Seems like the group has been created after an inordinately long delay :-)

I suggest we move over from the private group as and when people find they
have access here. I don't know of a way to mirror the two groups so I'd
suggest that if you have access to c.l.s.d (and you must have to be reading
this) then post here. Others can continue to post to the private group for
the time being. I don't see any need to duplicate threads on both groups.
Object Arts will continue to monitor both groups for the time being.

Best Regards

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com/Support.htm

Not all Addictions are Bad for you
http://www.object-arts.com/Addiction.htm

Re: We're up!

Nick Payne-2
Will the new NG be available from news.newcastle.ca? I've found that I can
get comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin through my ISP's news server, but the volume
of news they take is such that messages don't survive for more than a few
days before the message body is no longer available from the server.

Nick

"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:8st7to$l865m$[hidden email]...
> Folks,
>
> Seems like the group has been created after an inordinately long delay :-)
>
> I suggest we move over from the private group as and when people find they
> have access here. I don't know of a way to mirror the two groups so I'd
> suggest that if you have access to c.l.s.d (and you must have to be
reading
> this) then post here. Others can continue to post to the private group for
> the time being. I don't see any need to duplicate threads on both groups.
> Object Arts will continue to monitor both groups for the time being.

Re: We're up!

Ian Upright
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Folks,
>
>Seems like the group has been created after an inordinately long delay :-)
>
>I suggest we move over from the private group as and when people find they
>have access here. I don't know of a way to mirror the two groups so I'd
>suggest that if you have access to c.l.s.d (and you must have to be reading
>this) then post here. Others can continue to post to the private group for
>the time being. I don't see any need to duplicate threads on both groups.
>Object Arts will continue to monitor both groups for the time being.

I believe you could use a news server like Dnews (www.tucows.com) to make
comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin also freely available on a news server you
provide.. Thus, if users couldn't easily get it from their own news server,
they could use yours instead.  Then everybody could just use the one
newsgroup and it would be all combined.

Ian