We want to help, what can we do ?

julien leclercq
   Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to Seaside for a school project.
We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.
Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?

Julien and JF

Re: We want to help, what can we do ?

Philippe Marschall
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:32 PM, julien leclercq <[hidden email]> wrote:
>    Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to
> Seaside for a school project.
> We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.
> Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?

On the top of my head:
 * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
 * generate WADL [2] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
 * try to bridge React [3] and Seaside components
 * see if it's possible to serialize Seaside sessions using Fuel and
store them in memcached or similar
 * write a Passbook library for Seaside. Bonus points for updating the
ESUG application to hand out Passbook passes.

(*) The URL part should be easy, types can be tricky. If you have some
parameter called "aNameString" you can probably assume it's a string.
Bonus points for integrating with Magritte-JSON or Magritte-XML.

 [1] http://swagger.io/
 [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Application_Description_Language
 [3] http://facebook.github.io/react/
 [4] http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204003

Cheers
Philippe

Re: We want to help, what can we do ?

Paul DeBruicker
Philippe Marschall wrote

Hows that react bridge going fellas?

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Philippe Marschall wrote
>> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 4:32 PM, julien leclercq &lt;
>
>> julien.leclercq@
>
>> &gt; wrote:
>>>    Hi everybody we're two it students and we would like to contribute to
>>> Seaside for a school project.
>>> We're a bit newbies in Smalltalk but we're motivated and learning fast.
>>> Would any of you have an idea on what can we do to help the community ?
>>
>> On the top of my head:
>>  * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
>>  * generate WADL [2] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
>>  * try to bridge React [3] and Seaside components
>>  * see if it's possible to serialize Seaside sessions using Fuel and
>> store them in memcached or similar
>>  * write a Passbook library for Seaside. Bonus points for updating the
>> ESUG application to hand out Passbook passes.
>>
>> (*) The URL part should be easy, types can be tricky. If you have some
>> parameter called "aNameString" you can probably assume it's a string.
>> Bonus points for integrating with Magritte-JSON or Magritte-XML.
>>
>>  [1] http://swagger.io/
>>  [2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Application_Description_Language
>>  [3] http://facebook.github.io/react/
>>  [4] http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204003
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>

> Hows that react bridge going fellas?

I'm not aware of anything happening.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: We want to help, what can we do ?

Johan Brichau-2

>> Hows that react bridge going fellas?
>
> I'm not aware of anything happening.

Unfortunately.
But I finally have advanced on the thing below:

> * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)

It’s in the Seaside-Swagger package in the Seaside32 repository.
It’s in no way related to what we have for the Yesplan API because that one was still based on swagger v1 and Yesplan does not use the pragma-based handlers.

So, it’s a complete new design and implementation and it's all still very alpha and incomplete, but when you register both WASwaggerUI (the swagger ui app) and WAConfigurationHandler (a demo api) then you can explore what works already.

If anyone is interested in helping out completing it, you are welcome. I can think of the following tasks:
- complete the WAConfigurationHandler as a demo API to manipulate the Seaside configurations via an API (aka a cool extension for seaside + a good example)
- implement the json-schema for Seaside-REST: this is a large part of the Swagger spec and allows to describe the responses

cheers
Johan_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: We want to help, what can we do ?

philippeback

Le 1 mars 2015 09:15, "Johan Brichau" <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> >> Hows that react bridge going fellas?
> >
> > I'm not aware of anything happening.
>
> Unfortunately.
> But I finally have advanced on the thing below:
>
> > * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
>
> It’s in the Seaside-Swagger package in the Seaside32 repository.
> It’s in no way related to what we have for the Yesplan API because that one was still based on swagger v1 and Yesplan does not use the pragma-based handlers.
>
> So, it’s a complete new design and implementation and it's all still very alpha and incomplete, but when you register both WASwaggerUI (the swagger ui app) and WAConfigurationHandler (a demo api) then you can explore what works already.
>
> If anyone is interested in helping out completing it, you are welcome. I can think of the following tasks:
> - complete the WAConfigurationHandler as a demo API to manipulate the Seaside configurations via an API (aka a cool extension for seaside + a good example)
> - implement the json-schema for Seaside-REST: this is a large part of the Swagger spec and allows to describe the responses

Nice!

Will look  as I do have an API to document.

Phil

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Hows that react bridge going fellas?
>>
>> I'm not aware of anything happening.
>
> Unfortunately.
> But I finally have advanced on the thing below:
>
>> * generate Swagger [1] descriptions for Seaside-REST services (*)
>
> It’s in the Seaside-Swagger package in the Seaside32 repository.

Thank you!

Cheers
Philippe