WeakArray finalization process

keropotter
Hi!

I've run into an odd situation and was hoping anybody could help me...

Pharo started running very low and I found that "the WeakArray finalization process" is stuck at 100% CPU ussage, making it very slow and nearly impossible to work with...

Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance!!
Alejandro

Re: WeakArray finalization process

Dale Henrichs
Alejandro,

I recall seeing this situation at times in the past. As I recall, it would occur in a GemTools image that I'd kept open for a long time, so one thing to try is to stop and restart the image (If you've saved the gemtools image along the way it will probably do finalization when you start up, though).

I haven't seen this problem recently. I'm currently using Pharo 1.1.1 with an older version of pharo to avoid the FFI issues[1]. So I'd recommend updating to a later version of Pharo.

Dale

[1] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/issues/detail?id=258

| I've run into an odd situation and was hoping anybody could help
| me...
|
| Pharo started running very low and I found that "the WeakArray
| finalization
| process" is stuck at 100% CPU ussage, making it very slow and nearly
| impossible to work with...
|
| http://forum.world.st/file/n3815872/TWAFP.jpg
|
| Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do?
|
| Thanks in advance!!
| Alejandro

Re: WeakArray finalization process

keropotter