WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
As I port code from Sophie back to Squeak, I keep running into WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported calls.

Can I safely remove these checks? The method doesn't exist in Pharo and it'd be easiest for interoperability.

Thanks.
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported

Igor Stasenko
On 30 December 2010 22:32, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As I port code from Sophie back to Squeak, I keep running into
> WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported calls.
>
> Can I safely remove these checks? The method doesn't exist in Pharo and it'd
> be easiest for interoperability.

Hmm.. this code should be supported by both pharo and squeak images.
What image(s) you using? And what exactly the problem? DNU or what?

> Thanks.
> Sean

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Igor Stasenko wrote
Hmm.. this code should be supported by both pharo and squeak images.
What image(s) you using? And what exactly the problem? DNU or what?
Pharo 1.1.1 no senders of #isFinalizationSupported

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported

Bert Freudenberg

On 30.12.2010, at 22:32, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> As I port code from Sophie back to Squeak, I keep running into
> WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported calls.
>
> Can I safely remove these checks?

Yes.

- Bert -

Re: WeakArray>>isFinalizationSupported