Web+Ajax in Touch panels?

Giuseppe
Imagine a POS system

A pane for the departmens.
When you choose a department, the products pane is refreshed with the
products of the selected department (each product with his images).
When a product is clicked is added to the lines of ticket pane.

When you click on the waiter name, the sale is finished.

Somebody has tried some similar scenary? The performance could be
good? (a disco needs speed for example).

Re: Web+Ajax in Touch panels?

Janko Mivšek

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz pravi:

> Imagine a POS system
>
> A pane for the departmens.
> When you choose a department, the products pane is refreshed with the
> products of the selected department (each product with his images).
> When a product is clicked is added to the lines of ticket pane.
>
> When you click on the waiter name, the sale is finished.
>
> Somebody has tried some similar scenary? The performance could be
> good? (a disco needs speed for example).

I think yes. Ajax updates of part of page are really fast.

I'm usually using a similar scenario to build step by step something.
Say you are choosing a hotel. You first select a country, then a city in
that country (ajax updated list just for that country!) then hotel in
that city. When I implemented that with drop down menus and ajax
updates, it was almost instant. The only problem was a delay to the
database, so answers should be cached for speed.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek