Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Dennis smith-4
So I can do this in the doPost method:
    self response redirectTo: path

that seems to require, at least in some cases, a full url similar to the
one that
started the initial .ssp.

Now really all I want to do is redirect to another .ssp in the same
directory
or perhaps a subdirectory or parallel directly.

Do I really need that full url? or is the another way.

--
Dennis Smith                        [hidden email]
Cherniak Software Development Corporation       +1 905.771.7011
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

RE: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Sattler, Thomas (IT)
Try:

aRespose redirectTo: '../another.ssp'

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

Re: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Dennis smith-4
And that seemed to work until we were driving with https through our web-site, and then I started getting
    could not find page  /CS/../another.ssp where CS is our VW webSite name.
The only way I could figure out (by trial and error) to get this to work was with a full url
    https://secure.cfhu.org/cgi-bin/cgnt6@2223/CS/XX/another.sso
where CS is our VW webSite name, and XX is just a subdir.

Sattler, Thomas (IT) wrote:
Try:

aRespose redirectTo: '../another.ssp'

400-10 Commerce Valley Dr E                Fax: +1 905.771.6288
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

RE: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Sattler, Thomas (IT)
Dennis,

Hard to say.  I keep all my ssp files in a separate directory, called "ssp" (sheer inspiration, that) hanging off my main web site directory.  So VW always knows where an ssp file was / is / will be.  I'm currently on 7.4, and this has worked since 7.2 at least.

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

RE: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Glazier, Sean
with https redirects you must use the full url since it requires the browser to do another handshake to the server. this is a behaviour of the browser and so relative urls for redirects will not work for https connections and that is intended behaviour actually and not something VW can control

Sean

400-10 Commerce Valley Dr E                Fax: +1 905.771.6288
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

Re: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Dennis smith-4
OK -- now that sounds like what I am seeing.  So I CAN create the full url by picking up the
HTTP_REFERER and building my new "relative" path into it -- seems to work.

Glazier, Sean wrote:
with https redirects you must use the full url since it requires the browser to do another handshake to the server. this is a behaviour of the browser and so relative urls for redirects will not work for https connections and that is intended behaviour actually and not something VW can control

Sean

400-10 Commerce Valley Dr E                Fax: +1 905.771.6288
Thornhill, ON Canada L3T 7N7    http://www.CherniakSoftware.com

Re: Web Servlet class wants to redirect ...

Alan Knight-2
Note that to use an absolute name, you can generate it to correspond to the incoming request, using something like
  request handler linkNamed: 'another.ssp'
or just
   self linkNamed: 'another.ssp'
from within a server page.

Sattler, Thomas (IT) wrote:

[...]

Alan Knight [|], Cincom Smalltalk Development

"The Static Typing Philosophy: Make it fast. Make it right. Make it run." - Niall Ross

Alan Knight wrote:
Note that to use an absolute name, you can generate it to correspond to the incoming request, using something like
  request handler linkNamed: 'another.ssp'
or just
   self linkNamed: 'another.ssp'
from within a server page.
OK!!! -- that will save my fighting numerous battles to try and get that full path -- thanks.