Web sockets in Zinc

Andy Burnett
Does Zinc support the web socket protocol? Or, is it likely to in the
near future?

Cheers
Andy

Re: Web sockets in Zinc

drush66
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Andy Burnett
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does Zinc support the web socket protocol? Or, is it likely to in the
> near future?

it is not Zinc, but Swazoo has support for websockets, if that can help.

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/

Re: Web sockets in Zinc

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Andy,

On 14 Aug 2011, at 00:21, Andy Burnett wrote:

> Does Zinc support the web socket protocol?

No.

> Or, is it likely to in the near future?

It would be a useful addition, I guess.

But I am not so sure it is a common protocol already.

Sven

Re: Web sockets in Zinc

Andy Burnett
Thanks guys

I will try swazoo. However, I was hoping Zinc would support it because
it would give us a very light weight method of producing real-time
apps on eg iPads.

Cheers
Andy