WebCharts on IE

Herbert König
Hi,

it's a known issue that webcharts don't work on Internet Explorer. The
excanvas.js has to be added.

I did this and the charts, axes and legends are drawn but the charts
contents is not drawn.

If anybody has any knowledge with that, I'd very grateful for a hint.

Datapoints so far:

- autoscaleMargin makes all x-axis labels print in one place on IE
- I verified that the excanvas.js Squeak produces is the same that
  is used by the examples of the creators of protochart.

Next steps:
- I will try to use the same prototype library (16.2) as they do.
- I will try to reproduce one of their examples in Squeak and compare
the generated html.

Suggestions for further Steps are very welcome.

Real life is calling ...

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: WebCharts on IE

Nicolas Petton
Hi Herbert,

On which version of IE did you test AidaCharts?

Cheers!

Nico

Le samedi 20 juin 2009 à 08:48 +0200, Herbert König a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> it's a known issue that webcharts don't work on Internet Explorer. The
> excanvas.js has to be added.
>
> I did this and the charts, axes and legends are drawn but the charts
> contents is not drawn.
>
> If anybody has any knowledge with that, I'd very grateful for a hint.
>
> Datapoints so far:
>
> - autoscaleMargin makes all x-axis labels print in one place on IE
> - I verified that the excanvas.js Squeak produces is the same that
>   is used by the examples of the creators of protochart.
>
> Next steps:
> - I will try to use the same prototype library (16.2) as they do.
> - I will try to reproduce one of their examples in Squeak and compare
> the generated html.
>
> Suggestions for further Steps are very welcome.
>
> Real life is calling ...
>

> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: WebCharts on IE

Herbert König
Hi Nico,

NP> Hi Herbert,

NP> On which version of IE did you test AidaCharts?

6 as delivered with XP (6.0.2900...Sp2) and 8 as downloaded yesterday
(8.0.6001).

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: WebCharts on IE

Herbert König
Hi Nico,

NP> On which version of IE did you test AidaCharts?
Forgot to say:

The same versions which successfully display the Demos from the
creators of protochart.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: WebCharts on IE

Herbert König

HK> I did this and the charts, axes and legends are drawn but the charts
HK> contents is not drawn.

all in all this seems more complicated.

- The protochart site itself says, it doesn't work on IE8 which I
verified. I get the same problems with their examples and IE8 which I
have with WebCharts examples and IE 6 + 8

- They seem not to use the latest Version of excanvas.js which seems
to have a fix for IE8.

- Depending wether it's IE6 or FF3.5 they deliver substantially
different js files, alas one of them is compressed in the sense that
it's still ASCII but all whitespace removed.

- We seem not to use prototype > 16.02 which I found as a requirement
somewhere.

I'm working on it and let you know.

BTW does anybody have a javascript prettyprinter? Having two JS files
formatted by the same program makes comparisons much easier.