WebDateInpputField

Dirk Verleysen-2
Janko,

I've changed the inputFieldFormat to ^'%e/%m/%Y'  so I get $/ instead of $. between de date elements. This works until I commit a form. Then there are $.'s again.

Dirk
------------- volgend deel ------------
Een HTML-bijlage is verwijderd...

WebDateInpputField

Janko Mivšek
Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> I've changed the inputFieldFormat to ^'%e/%m/%Y'  so I get $/ instead of
> $. between de date elements. This works until I commit a form. Then
> there are $.'s again.

Yes, there are "slovenicisms" still in quite some places in Aida.
Problem is also that we don't have some portable formating of dates
between Smalltalks yet. So I did my own, but only for Slovenian.

In your case you need to adapt two class methods in WebFormElement:

WebFormElelement class
        autoConvertToString: anObject
        autoConvertString: aString toObject: anObject

Some of Slo methods are:

Date shortPrintSloString
Date class readSloFrom:
Timestamp printSloString

Bst regards
Janko

--
Janko Miv?ek
AIDA/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

WebDateInpputField

Dirk Verleysen
Janko,

I made my own Bel methods to replace your Slo methods in my case. I'll have a look at the other methods you mentioned. For now this will do but maybe for VisualWorks it would be necessary to use the locale settings ?

Dirk

> I've changed the inputFieldFormat to ^'%e/%m/%Y'  so I get $/ instead of
> $. between de date elements. This works until I commit a form. Then
> there are $.'s again.

Yes, there are "slovenicisms" still in quite some places in Aida.
Problem is also that we don't have some portable formating of dates
between Smalltalks yet. So I did my own, but only for Slovenian.

In your case you need to adapt two class methods in WebFormElement:

WebFormElelement class
        autoConvertToString: anObject
        autoConvertString: aString toObject: anObject

Some of Slo methods are:

Date shortPrintSloString
Date class readSloFrom:
Timestamp printSloString

Bst regards
Janko

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> I made my own Bel methods to replace your Slo methods in my case. I'll have a look at the other methods you mentioned. For now this will do but maybe for VisualWorks it would be necessary to use the locale settings ?

I'd rather take a few more effort to make the portable formating methods
and put them in Sport portability layer. Otherwise it will be just
difficult to port Aida around. But in VW case just extend those methods
with VW specific ones in your own package.

Janko