WebDav

philippeback
How would one implement WebDAV on a Pharo 2.0 image?

I saw several projects for Squeak but wonder what the best approach would be.

Phil

Re: WebDav

Camillo Bruni-3
On 2013-03-18, at 16:48, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> How would one implement WebDAV on a Pharo 2.0 image?
>
> I saw several projects for Squeak but wonder what the best approach would be.

I would guess some ZINC adapter which communicates with an FileSystem behind :)

Ben did an FTPServer implementation[1] in a similar fashion, where the server uses
a FileReference as source and operates on that. The advantage is that you can then
plug in any other file system behind.

The same would go for a WebDAV reader, implement a FileSystemStore for that format
and everybody can profit directly from it ;)

[1] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/FTP-Server/

Re: WebDav

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 18 Mar 2013, at 16:47, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How would one implement WebDAV on a Pharo 2.0 image?
>
> I saw several projects for Squeak but wonder what the best approach would be.
>
> Phil

Client or server ?

WebDAV is basically HTTP with some extras.

There exists some old client code in Zinc-WebDAV but that has not yet been ported to FS.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu