WebForm>>superform:

Dirk Verleysen-2
Janko,

I've changed the creation of the header so my tabs work again, but I
still have a somewhat unstable version right now.

Could the WebForm>>superform: method be a reason that my test site seems
to be hanging ?  Any reason why you open the debugger ?

Dirk

Re: WebForm>>superform:

Janko Mivšek
Hi Dirk,

Dne 13. 11. 2012 10:52, piše Dirk Verleysen:

> I've changed the creation of the header so my tabs work again, but I
> still have a somewhat unstable version right now.
>
> Could the WebForm>>superform: method be a reason that my test site seems
> to be hanging ?  Any reason why you open the debugger ?

Ups, sorry for nonaswering so far.

WebForm>>superForm is here to deal with form hierarchy, that is, forms
can have also embedded subforms in Aida, but this is not allowed in
plain HTML. That's why we need to deal with that hierarchy separately
and here why a superform backlink is needed.

Some more rules:

- if you submit a form, fields in all subforms down in hierarchy are
  submitted too.
- any subform can be submitted separately
- in that case an Ajax submit, not normal one, is used. Normal one is
  used only on whole page's form
- every widget has its own form and when you add a widget to page,
  widget's form become a main page's subform.
- so, if you build a hierarchy of widgets, you build a form hierarchy
  as well.

To help you, can you replicate your case by changing the demo code in
WebDemoApp>>viewWidgets and its methods , where such form hierarchy is
shown in practice?

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web

Dne 13. 11. 2012 11:19, piše Dirk Verleysen:

> I'll check this out... but hadn't had a problem before and as far as I
> know I have no hierarchy here at the moment.

If you use any widget, you have a form hierarchy. For any popup using a
widget as well.

> But I'll check :).
>
> Janko Mivšek schreef:
>> Hi Dirk,
>>
>> Dne 13. 11. 2012 10:52, piše Dirk Verleysen:
>>
>>> I've changed the creation of the header so my tabs work again, but I
>>> still have a somewhat unstable version right now.
>>>
>>> Could the WebForm>>superform: method be a reason that my test site seems
>>> to be hanging ?  Any reason why you open the debugger ?
>>
>> Ups, sorry for nonaswering so far.
>>
>> WebForm>>superForm is here to deal with form hierarchy, that is, forms
>> can have also embedded subforms in Aida, but this is not allowed in
>> plain HTML. That's why we need to deal with that hierarchy separately
>> and here why a superform backlink is needed.
>>
>> Some more rules:
>>
>> - if you submit a form, fields in all subforms down in hierarchy are
>>   submitted too.
>> - any subform can be submitted separately
>> - in that case an Ajax submit, not normal one, is used. Normal one is
>>   used only on whole page's form
>> - every widget has its own form and when you add a widget to page,
>>   widget's form become a main page's subform.
>> - so, if you build a hierarchy of widgets, you build a form hierarchy
>>   as well.
>>
>> To help you, can you replicate your case by changing the demo code in
>> WebDemoApp>>viewWidgets and its methods , where such form hierarchy is
>> shown in practice?
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: WebForm>>superform:

Dirk Verleysen-2
But sometimes I get the debugger in superform: and other times I don't get it for the same page.

I'll do some investigation to this.

Dne 13. 11. 2012 15:22, piše Dirk Verleysen:
> But sometimes I get the debugger in superform: and other times I don't
> get it for the same page.

Can you send us the calling stack up to that point?

> I'll do some investigation to this.
>
> Janko Mivšek schreef:
>> Dne 13. 11. 2012 11:19, piše Dirk Verleysen:
>>
>>> I'll check this out... but hadn't had a problem before and as far as I
>>> know I have no hierarchy here at the moment.
>>
>> If you use any widget, you have a form hierarchy. For any popup using a
>> widget as well.
>>

>>> But I'll check :).

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko