WebGrid columnNames Alignment

Rob Rothwell
Is there a way to align the column names in a WebGrid to, say, #left?  columnNames are just an OrderedCollection, not a WebElement that you can style as far as I can tell.  Would this be done by creating a new style and setting cssClass for that grid?  At which point I see nothing in DefaultWebStyle>>css24WebGrid that looks like font alignment!

Also, any CSS tips to put a nice, visible line between columns--making it an actual grid?

I am using Aida5.6-np.53, with default WebGrid styles having the light yellow row hover color...

Thanks,

Rob

Re: WebGrid columnNames Alignment

Nicolas Petton

Le lundi 09 juin 2008 à 23:02 -0400, Rob Rothwell a écrit :
> Is there a way to align the column names in a WebGrid to, say, #left?
> columnNames are just an OrderedCollection, not a WebElement that you
> can style as far as I can tell.  Would this be done by creating a new
> style and setting cssClass for that grid?  At which point I see
> nothing in DefaultWebStyle>>css24WebGrid that looks like font
> alignment!

Add this:

table.webGrid {
    text-align: right;
    }

> Also, any CSS tips to put a nice, visible line between columns--making
> it an actual grid?

Hi Rob,

try this:

table.webGrid td {border: 1px solid #E4E4E4;}

> I am using Aida5.6-np.53, with default WebGrid styles having the light
> yellow row hover color...

About that, do you like the new WebGrid style? Did you prefer the old
one?

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: WebGrid columnNames Alignment

Rob Rothwell
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Add this:

table.webGrid {
   text-align: right;
   }

I assume you can add left, center, right?

try this:

table.webGrid td {border: 1px solid #E4E4E4;}

so, a 1 pixel solid border of the specified color, I bet...

> I am using Aida5.6-np.53, with default WebGrid styles having the light
> yellow row hover color...

About that, do you like the new WebGrid style? Did you prefer the old
one?

Yes, I like it!  Particularly the hover color change, and the column name color change.  I am just doing a more "data centric" view that is hard to read when the column names are centered and there are no grid lines!

I can see that CSS will need to be in my future plans!

Thank you; I'll give this a try...

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
Add this:

table.webGrid {
   text-align: right;
   }

I assume you can add left, center, right?

try this:

table.webGrid td {border: 1px solid #E4E4E4;}

so, a 1 pixel solid border of the specified color, I bet...

> I am using Aida5.6-np.53, with default WebGrid styles having the light
> yellow row hover color...

About that, do you like the new WebGrid style? Did you prefer the old
one?

Yes, I like it!  Particularly the hover color change, and the column name color change.  I am just doing a more "data centric" view that is hard to read when the column names are centered and there are no grid lines!

I can see that CSS will need to be in my future plans!

Thank you; I'll give this a try...

One more thing I can't seem to figure out!  What if I want a grid line between the column names as well?

I tried getting rid of the

    border-collapse: collapse;

in the table.webGrid portion, but then everything else looks all wrong!

Rob