WebIFrame

Glenn Swanlund-3
I'm trying to port a prototype Windows Explorer type application to Aida
(it is working as a straight HTML/JavaScript app).

I started out in Aida with two WebIFrames, one for the folders and one
for the selected folder's contents. There are two classes used for the
model, one is the tree root and the other is the tree node. Each of
these classes has an associated App class. Using the demo site, I added
a new url with a test model. The tree App class adds two WebIFrame pages
that then appear in the browser but the page contents show nested Aida
demo pages. I added some text to both WebIFrame pages but it is not
rendered. I'm stuck on what to do after that.

I'm wondering about the approach. Should the two WebIFrame pages be part
of WebStyle, should they come from a manager App that creates the two
pages, or have the tree App manage the pages.

Has anybody had any experience with WebIFrame that could provide some
help?

Thanks in advance,
Glenn
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

WebIFrame

Janko Mivšek
Hi Glenn,

Glenn Swanlund a ?crit :

> I?m trying to port a prototype Windows Explorer type application to
> Aida (it is working as a straight HTML/JavaScript app).
>

> I started out in Aida with two WebIFrames, one for the folders and one
> for the selected folder?s contents. There are two classes used for the
> model, one is the tree root and the other is the tree node. Each of
> these classes has an associated App class. Using the demo site, I
> added a new url with a test model. The tree App class adds two
> WebIFrame pages that then appear in the browser but the page contents
> show nested Aida demo pages. I added some text to both WebIFrame pages
> but it is not rendered. I?m stuck on what to do after that.
>

> I?m wondering about the approach. Should the two WebIFrame pages be
> part of WebStyle, should they come from a manager App that creates the
> two pages, or have the tree App manage the pages.
>

> Has anybody had any experience with WebIFrame that could provide some
> help?

Interesting design question! I would try to make a tree node and its App
as main page, with two iframes included, an iframe with node info simply
pointing back to the same node but with another view. For a tree iframe,
i would also use the same node app. Maybe I would made here a standalone
component and register it in a session userValues to preserve tree state
among web pages?

If you'll have problems with content not refreshing put a method
#aidaDontCache returnning true to your node object.

I hope this can help you a bit.
Janko