WebScratch

SergeStinckwich
Hi all,

someone in order to run Scratch on top of Javascript:

https://github.com/jorendorff/webscratch

implement something similar like a Smalltalk VM on top of JS.

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WebScratch

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

there is already working Scratch inspired project in Javascript named
DesignBlocksJS.  I used it as the base for Karel programing language
(http://windmap.cz/playground/karel/index.html)

Cheers,
-- Pavel

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> someone in order to run Scratch on top of Javascript:
>
> https://github.com/jorendorff/webscratch
>
> implement something similar like a Smalltalk VM on top of JS.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
> http://www.mechatronics.me.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WebScratch

Pavel Krivanek-3
link: http://designblocksjs.appspot.com/

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:56 PM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is already working Scratch inspired project in Javascript named
> DesignBlocksJS.  I used it as the base for Karel programing language
> (http://windmap.cz/playground/karel/index.html)
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Serge Stinckwich
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> someone in order to run Scratch on top of Javascript:
>>
>> https://github.com/jorendorff/webscratch
>>
>> implement something similar like a Smalltalk VM on top of JS.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>> Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
>> http://www.mechatronics.me.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WebScratch

SergeStinckwich
Yes, this is a complete redesign in JS. WebScratch is different,
because the developer want to run the
existing Scratch code on top of JavaScript.

On Dec 14, 3:56 am, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is already working Scratch inspired project in Javascript named
> DesignBlocksJS.  I used it as the base for Karel programing language
> (http://windmap.cz/playground/karel/index.html)
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel
>
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Serge Stinckwich
>

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > someone in order to run Scratch on top of Javascript:
>
> >https://github.com/jorendorff/webscratch
>
> > implement something similar like a Smalltalk VM on top of JS.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > --
> > Serge Stinckwich
> > UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> > Matsuno Laboratory, Kyoto University, Japan (until 12/2011)
> >http://www.mechatronics.me.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
> > Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> >http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: WebScratch

Yoshiki Ohshima-2
At Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:38:57 -0800 (PST),
Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Yes, this is a complete redesign in JS. WebScratch is different,
> because the developer want to run the
> existing Scratch code on top of JavaScript.

A bit different option is to run it under Native Client.  It turned
out that we need to fix some of the numbered primitive calls to named
primitive calls and have not done it for all of them, but it certainly
does work up to a point.

http://t.co/R9Tx1C4F

Native Client lets you play sound, and ask JS to send data to browser,
etc.  So making a "full" implementation of Scratch that does not
require installation is possible.

-- Yoshiki