WebService error

keropotter
Hi all!

I'm using SoapOpera to invoke web services from other system. When I invoke them from Pharo, everything works fine. But when I try to call them from Gemstone, I get the following error:

'The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is '

Do you have any idea of what's wrong? Could it be some config issue?

Many thanks in advance!!
Alejandro

Re: WebService error

Dale Henrichs
Alejandro,

I have not worked with SoapOpera in GemStone...

How did you load SoapOpera into GemStone?

There are two menu items on the GemTools Tools menu that give you a look at undefined symbols and sent but not implemented messages[1] that might help you work out what's missing or broken...

Dale

[1] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsTools#Inspect_UndefinedSymbols

| I'm using SoapOpera to invoke web services from other system. When I
| invoke
| them from Pharo, everything works fine. But when I try to call them
| from
| Gemstone, I get the following error:
|
| 'The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
|  targetService
| is '
|
| Do you have any idea of what's wrong? Could it be some config issue?
|
| Many thanks in advance!!
| Alejandro

Re: WebService error

keropotter
Thanks for your reply! I've just found the problem.

There seems to be a difference between the versions loaded in Pharo and GemStone. The difference is in the #prepareHeader selector, which builds the HTTP Post header.

The version in Pharo takes the full URL of the service, whereas the GemStone version is only taking the directory part of the URL, which causes an error when calling the service.

Hope this helps anyone facing this same issue!

Thanks!
Alejandro

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Dale Henrichs [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Alejandro,

I have not worked with SoapOpera in GemStone...

How did you load SoapOpera into GemStone?

There are two menu items on the GemTools Tools menu that give you a look at undefined symbols and sent but not implemented messages[1] that might help you work out what's missing or broken...

Dale

[1] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GemToolsTools#Inspect_UndefinedSymbols

| I'm using SoapOpera to invoke web services from other system. When I
| invoke
| them from Pharo, everything works fine. But when I try to call them
| from
| Gemstone, I get the following error:
|
| 'The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!
|  targetService
| is '
|
| Do you have any idea of what's wrong? Could it be some config issue?
|
| Many thanks in advance!!
| Alejandro
|
| --

http://forum.world.st/WebService-error-tp4341152p4341649.html
To unsubscribe from WebService error, click here.
NAML