WebSocket classes in external package WebClient

WebSocket classes in external package WebClient

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

BTW when running the tests for WebClient

      WebClient-Core-ar.92.mcz from www.squeaksource.com

I saw that 12 classes are doing the job (in the only category named
WebClient-Core).

Three of them are named
- WebSocket
- WebSocket00
- WebSocket07

WebSocket00 and WebSocket are subclasses of WebSocket.
WebSocket is a subclass of Object.

All have the comment

"A wrapper object for the WebSocket API."

May I ask for further comments about the function of WebSocket00 and
WebSocket07?

Kind regards
Hannes

Re: WebSocket classes in external package WebClient

Andreas.Raab
H. Hirzel wrote
May I ask for further comments about the function of WebSocket00 and
WebSocket07?
Different WebSocket drafts:
* WebSocket00: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket-00
* WebSocket68: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hixie-thewebsocketprotocol-68
At the time of writing these classes those were the two common drafts in use.
Nowadays WebSockets are finalized in RFC 6455 which should be implemented
in class WebSocket and the other classes thrown out.

Cheers,
  - Andreas

Re: WebSocket classes in external package WebClient

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you Andreas for this information.

May I ask you to put this note into the class comment of WebSocket?

Or even better just to remove the classes in case that is not much work.

--Hannes