WebSockets

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

WebSockets

Hans-Martin Mosner
Hi folks (first post to this list)
recently I got interested in HTML5 stuff and decided I wanted to play with WebSockets. Great, Swazoo beta has it, I thought.
However, the code did not work with a recent browser, and I saw that it implements an old draft version of the protocol
which is deprecated.
Just for fun I've implemented most of the protocol in RFC 6455, at least enough to get a WebSocket server up and running
and exchange messages.

Where should I post the changes for this?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
_______________________________________________
Swazoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/swazoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: WebSockets

Janko Mivšek
Hi Hans-Martin,

On 06. 06. 2012 23:22, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
> Hi folks (first post to this list)

Welcome to the SwazooLand :)

> recently I got interested in HTML5 stuff and decided I wanted to play with WebSockets. Great, Swazoo beta has it, I thought.
> However, the code did not work with a recent browser, and I saw that it implements an old draft version of the protocol
> which is deprecated.
> Just for fun I've implemented most of the protocol in RFC 6455, at least enough to get a WebSocket server up and running
> and exchange messages.
>
> Where should I post the changes for this?

For VW or Squeak/Pharo? For now you can simply post it as attachment
here, I'll integrate in both VW ad Squeak/Pharo Swazoo, test it and then
we can release a new beta of Swazoo. I also need newest WebSockets, you
know .. :) So, very thanks for your contribution!

And I just open Swazoo project on SqueakSource to be read/write, so
anyone can contribute code there:

        http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo.html

So, Hans-Martin, you can actually publish directly there, just don't
change ConfigurationOfSwazoo yet. When new beta release wil be well
tested and ready, we will update this ConfigurationOf and voila, no more
mess which version is stable and which dev, anymore.

Best regards
Janko

>
> Cheers,
> Hans-Martin
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Live Security Virtual Conference
> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
> threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
> _______________________________________________
> Swazoo-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/swazoo-devel
>

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
_______________________________________________
Swazoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/swazoo-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: WebSockets

Janko Mivšek
Hi Hans-Martin,

I'm preparing to continue work on WebSockets and it would be really fine
to integrate your work, so I'd like to ask you for your changes. You can
send it directly to me or submit to http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo.html.

Have a nice day
Janko

On 07. 06. 2012 14:20, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi Hans-Martin,
>
> On 06. 06. 2012 23:22, Hans-Martin Mosner wrote:
>> Hi folks (first post to this list)
>
> Welcome to the SwazooLand :)
>
>> recently I got interested in HTML5 stuff and decided I wanted to play with WebSockets. Great, Swazoo beta has it, I thought.
>> However, the code did not work with a recent browser, and I saw that it implements an old draft version of the protocol
>> which is deprecated.
>> Just for fun I've implemented most of the protocol in RFC 6455, at least enough to get a WebSocket server up and running
>> and exchange messages.
>>
>> Where should I post the changes for this?
>
> For VW or Squeak/Pharo? For now you can simply post it as attachment
> here, I'll integrate in both VW ad Squeak/Pharo Swazoo, test it and then
> we can release a new beta of Swazoo. I also need newest WebSockets, you
> know .. :) So, very thanks for your contribution!
>
> And I just open Swazoo project on SqueakSource to be read/write, so
> anyone can contribute code there:
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo.html
>
> So, Hans-Martin, you can actually publish directly there, just don't
> change ConfigurationOfSwazoo yet. When new beta release wil be well
> tested and ready, we will update this ConfigurationOf and voila, no more
> mess which version is stable and which dev, anymore.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hans-Martin
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Live Security Virtual Conference
>> Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
>> threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
>> will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
>> threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
>> _______________________________________________
>> Swazoo-devel mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/swazoo-devel
>>
>

--
Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Security Virtual Conference
Exclusive live event will cover all the ways today's security and
threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond. Discussions
will include endpoint security, mobile security and the latest in malware
threats. http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/
_______________________________________________
Swazoo-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/swazoo-devel
Loading...