Webapps as examples

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi everybody. I need to do some tests for my phd and I want to test some webapplications. I already have seaside examples, but I wonder where I can get a running application made in Aida to use as example.

I need a "real app", not a counter example. In addition, this image should be VERY easy to run: just run the image. I cannot depend on external databases or things like that. Finally, it should run on top of pharo as my tests will use a customized vm that I did for pharo.

So, does someone have an app that can borrow me to do some tests ?

Thank you very much.

Mariano

Re: Webapps as examples

Janko Mivšek
Hi Mariano,

The Smalltalk GSoC site could be interesting for you because is kind of
classical CMS website with additional webapp functionalities and
relatively simple to understand. Just that it is in VW for now and I'm a
bit short in time to port it to Squeak/Pharo. Also both Aida and Scribo
need to be synced first. Good time to release a beta  of Aida 6.1....

When you need those test images? Also, can I put more examples in the
same image or you prefer one image per example?

Best regards
Janko

On 02. 05. 2010 18:03, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Hi everybody. I need to do some tests for my phd and I want to test some
> webapplications. I already have seaside examples, but I wonder where I
> can get a running application made in Aida to use as example.
>
> I need a "real app", not a counter example. In addition, this image
> should be VERY easy to run: just run the image. I cannot depend on
> external databases or things like that. Finally, it should run on top of
> pharo as my tests will use a customized vm that I did for pharo.
>
> So, does someone have an app that can borrow me to do some tests ?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Mariano

Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Webapps as examples

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/5/2 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>
Hi Mariano,

The Smalltalk GSoC site could be interesting for you because is kind of
classical CMS website with additional webapp functionalities and
relatively simple to understand. Just that it is in VW for now and I'm a
bit short in time to port it to Squeak/Pharo. Also both Aida and Scribo
need to be synced first. Good time to release a beta  of Aida 6.1....

When you need those test images?

Thanks Janko!

 Actually, the deadline is 14th...so 11 days. But don't worry, I would need it anyway later regardless this deadline of this particular conference. But there is no hurry for this ;)

Also, can I put more examples in the
same image or you prefer one image per example?

For me it is almost the same. I guess if you can put all the apps in the same image is better for you as you can have a "downloadable ready with real examples image" for AidaWeb/Scribo.

Then we can even create a particular group for ConfigurationOfAidaWeb so that it can download (optionally) all these examples.

Cheers

Mariano