Webcam + barcode

Torsten Bergmann
I remeber Seabreeze for Seaside  had some
interface to webcam (using flash) and by using a
webservice to decode barcodes.

You can see it in action in the second video at the bottom of
http://seabreeze.heeg.de/

A short description is here
http://seabreeze.heeg.de/files/SBWebsiteFiles/seaBreeze.pdf

Maybe the barcode widget is available in the MIT licensed
open source distro (based on VisualWorks)

Hope that helps!

Bye
T.

Re: Webcam + barcode

laurent laffont
Thanks Torsten. Ideally I would like a Morph-based one. I've seen http://www.squeaksource.com/WebCamMorph.html but it doesn't seem to work
on Pharo OneClick

Laurent

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I remeber Seabreeze for Seaside  had some
interface to webcam (using flash) and by using a
webservice to decode barcodes.

You can see it in action in the second video at the bottom of
http://seabreeze.heeg.de/

A short description is here
http://seabreeze.heeg.de/files/SBWebsiteFiles/seaBreeze.pdf

Maybe the barcode widget is available in the MIT licensed
open source distro (based on VisualWorks)

Hope that helps!

Bye
T.

Re: Webcam + barcode

Stéphane Ducasse
Laurent

Igor improved a lot the communication with Objective-C so we were thinking that it would be fun to see how to use
the webcam but now igor is heavily hacking vm and all the team is moving to a new building. So we were packing and we will unpack everything.

Stef

On Sep 24, 2012, at 6:51 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Thanks Torsten. Ideally I would like a Morph-based one. I've seen http://www.squeaksource.com/WebCamMorph.html but it doesn't seem to work
> on Pharo OneClick
>
> Laurent
>
> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I remeber Seabreeze for Seaside  had some
> interface to webcam (using flash) and by using a
> webservice to decode barcodes.
>
> You can see it in action in the second video at the bottom of
> http://seabreeze.heeg.de/
>
> A short description is here
> http://seabreeze.heeg.de/files/SBWebsiteFiles/seaBreeze.pdf
>
> Maybe the barcode widget is available in the MIT licensed
> open source distro (based on VisualWorks)
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> Bye
> T.

Re: Webcam + barcode

cindy313
hey, sorry for late reply ! as for decoding barcode, i just used camera on the cellphone,not the webcam ,how to do that ?