Webcam + barcode

Torsten Bergmann
Laurent wrote
>I've seen
>http://www.squeaksource.com/WebCamMorph.html but it doesn't seem to work
>on Pharo OneClick

It uses the cross-platform webcam access from Scratch.
It worked for me some time ago with the plugins found
in the Scratch distro - even with Pharo (when it was
close to Squeak).

Havent tested in a recent pharo image or Cog.

Stef wrote
>Igor improved a lot the communication with Objective-C so we were thinking >that it would be fun to see how to use
>the webcam

For the fun side yes - but Mac only. For serious cross platform
Pharo we should think about packaging the plugin with the VM,
the code is MIT:

http://www.squeaksource.com/CameraPlugin.html

Bye
T.

Re: Webcam + barcode

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 24, 2012, at 8:50 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Laurent wrote
>> I've seen
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/WebCamMorph.html but it doesn't seem to work
>> on Pharo OneClick
>
> It uses the cross-platform webcam access from Scratch.
> It worked for me some time ago with the plugins found
> in the Scratch distro - even with Pharo (when it was
> close to Squeak).
>
> Havent tested in a recent pharo image or Cog.
>
> Stef wrote
>> Igor improved a lot the communication with Objective-C so we were thinking >that it would be fun to see how to use
>> the webcam
>
> For the fun side yes - but Mac only.

Yes but hacking Cocoa interactively can be a killer app :)

> For serious cross platform
> Pharo we should think about packaging the plugin with the VM,

Yes
Now we are all really working and busy.
This is probably a good exercise for me to learn VM stuff.