Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Herbert König
Hi,

the problem with the umlauts not displaying in WebChartData labels
is, that the labels have not been converted to web.

My question is, where is the correct place to implement is.

My feeling is, that I should write WebChartData>>printHTMLPageOn:for:on:
and use that in WebChart instead of WebChartData>>printHTMLPageOn:

Any opinions?

Cheers,

Herbert                          mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

Herbert König pravi:

> the problem with the umlauts not displaying in WebChartData labels
> is, that the labels have not been converted to web.
>
> My question is, where is the correct place to implement is.
>
> My feeling is, that I should write WebChartData>>printHTMLPageOn:for:on:
> and use that in WebChart instead of WebChartData>>printHTMLPageOn:

Look at senders of AIDASite class
        convertFromWeb:on:
        convertToWeb:on:

Two examples:
For WebInputFiled the convertFromWeb:on: is used in:
        #saveThroughAdapterValue:

For WebText the convertToWeb:on: is used in
        #printHtmlageOn:for:on:
    where it is called for text just before streaming to the stream.

I suppose that this is the same as your case with labels.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

JM> Look at senders of AIDASite class
JM> convertFromWeb:on:
JM> convertToWeb:on:

thanks I implemented it that way (copying from web delayed field).
Just wanted to use the general AIDA way.

I did the same for WebChartXaxisOption as German month names have
Umlauts too.

The new version is in the repository.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Janko Mivšek
Hi Herbert,

I also tried to reproduce your umlauts problem in recent Aida but
without success. Is that we solved that unintentionally :)

I'm just solving the "" probem in input fields: if you put something in
"", save then edit again, text in "" will dissapear. Problem is of
course in a fact that "" are used in HTML for values too...

Janko

Herbert König pravi:

> Hi Janko,
>

> JM> Look at senders of AIDASite class
> JM> convertFromWeb:on:
> JM> convertToWeb:on:
>
> thanks I implemented it that way (copying from web delayed field).
> Just wanted to use the general AIDA way.
>
> I did the same for WebChartXaxisOption as German month names have
> Umlauts too.
>
> The new version is in the repository.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: Webcharts labels and umlauts, seeking advice

Herbert König
Hi Janko,

JM> I also tried to reproduce your umlauts problem in recent Aida but
JM> without success. Is that we solved that unintentionally :)

I had already started to look for missing convertToWeb in 6.0. But I
can wait now as the WebCharts are now useful and the profiles will
take longer anyway.

JM> I'm just solving the "" probem in input fields: if you put something in
JM> "", save then edit again, text in "" will dissapear. Problem is of
JM> course in a fact that "" are used in HTML for values too...

Javascript can handle ' and " for string separators.
So 'He said "Hi"' and "He said 'Hi'" are equivalent and need no
further escaping. Don't know if this helps.