Webservices (any update)

Torsten Bergmann
Whats used these days to connect to webservices using Pharo.
Is it possible to generate ST classes from a WSDL
and use them?

Thx
T.

Re: Webservices (any update)

Stéphane Ducasse

On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:06 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Whats used these days to connect to webservices using Pharo.
> Is it possible to generate ST classes from a WSDL
> and use them?

Possible yes now there is no tools so far like in VW.

> Thx
> T.

Re: Webservices (any update)

Guillermo Polito
A year ago I introduced SoapOpera into squeaksource...  But he needs someone to take care of it :) since I've never had time to do it.

http://www.squeaksource.com/SoapOpera

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:15 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 27, 2011, at 9:06 AM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Whats used these days to connect to webservices using Pharo.
> Is it possible to generate ST classes from a WSDL
> and use them?

Possible yes now there is no tools so far like in VW.

> Thx
> T.

Re: Webservices (any update)

cedreek

I doubt it will help you but last year I started an incomplete WSDL implementation :-) . it's in squeak source (iWSDL). I don't remember what I achieved but this was to use our local web services. It was kind of working but needed too much work to be reliable (and working outside of my context). The idea was to generate ST classes with method to invoke WS. I used SoapOpera but wasn't pleased so I started to use more Zinc... and I gave up as no time and we ended up using php WS packages :( and moreover, we stopped using our local WS... (was too slow to be useable). Generation is not fished but could be quick to have a first version. Anyway, I just packed an image in case you find some interest in it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7909745/wipWSDL%26Dropbox.zip

My 2 cents,

Cédrick

Le 27 sept. 2011 à 09:06, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> Whats used these days to connect to webservices using Pharo.
> Is it possible to generate ST classes from a WSDL
> and use them?
>
> Thx
> T.

Re: Webservices (any update)

Holger Freyther
On 09/27/2011 02:01 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> A year ago I introduced SoapOpera into squeaksource...  But he needs someone
> to take care of it :) since I've never had time to do it.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SoapOpera

Hi,

is there code to use/adopt a WSDL file?

holger

Re: Webservices (any update)

Guillermo Polito
I don't think so...  (But I didn't use it in a real environment yet, so I can be wrong :) ).  I've only saved it in squeaksource, made it load into pharo (1.1 las year) and  built a metacello configuration because it uses Kom.

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 09/27/2011 02:01 PM, Guillermo Polito wrote:
> A year ago I introduced SoapOpera into squeaksource...  But he needs someone
> to take care of it :) since I've never had time to do it.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/SoapOpera

Hi,

is there code to use/adopt a WSDL file?

holger

Re: Webservices (any update)

Gary Chambers-4
Having looked at the support for WSDL interpretation  in Pharo/Squeak recently we decided to go RESTful instead ;-)
For us we prefer to be more dynamic, not to say that a general WSDL-based interface could not be done without creating new classes though.

Regards, Gary