Website is down

CyrilFerlicot
Hello,

pharo.org is currently down, which means that people wanted to check
the release cannot.

I don't know who can fix that.

Have a nice day.

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Website is down

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Not good right now ...

> On 22 Jan 2019, at 16:52, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> pharo.org is currently down, which means that people wanted to check
> the release cannot.
>
> I don't know who can fix that.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Website is down

CyrilFerlicot
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 5:07 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not good right now ...

Seems to be back :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Website is down

Esteban A. Maringolo
Well... is down again. :(

Pharo 8.0 will have a PR team attending these aspects, and then... world conquer. :)

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 13:17, Cyril Ferlicot (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 5:07 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not good right now ...

Seems to be back :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Website is down

EstebanLM
There is a problem with INRIA servers :(
They does not seems to support high traffic (supposing public from reddit and yc is high traffic?)

Grrrr

Esteban

On 22 Jan 2019, at 17:49, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well... is down again. :(

Pharo 8.0 will have a PR team attending these aspects, and then... world conquer. :)

Esteban A. Maringolo

El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 13:17, Cyril Ferlicot (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 5:07 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not good right now ...

Seems to be back :)

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Website is down

Esteban A. Maringolo
El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 14:03, Esteban Lorenzano
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> There is a problem with INRIA servers :(
> They does not seems to support high traffic

They don't support high traffic nor high volume either. The download
speed was awful then, and it's even worst now.
But hey, those who pass all these obstacles to get to know and try
Pharo are more likely to continue using it. :)

> (supposing public from reddit and yc is high traffic?)

Well... with at least a 100:1 ratio of visits:upvotes the hits must be
at least two order of magnitude higher than on a regular day.
Which makes me wonder... do we have any stats of that?

These problems are "good" problems, and are the easiest to solve.

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Website is down

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
What was the number of requests during the release day (and what number of req in the busiest hour)?

pf

> There is a problem with INRIA servers :(
> They does not seems to support high traffic (supposing public from reddit and yc is high traffic?)
>
> Grrrr
>
> Esteban
>

> > On 22 Jan 2019, at 17:49, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Well... is down again. :(
> >
> > Pharo 8.0 will have a PR team attending these aspects, and then... world conquer. :)
> >
> > Esteban A. Maringolo
> >

> > El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 13:17, Cyril Ferlicot (<[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>) escribió:
> > On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 5:07 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Not good right now ...
> > >

> > Seems to be back :)
> >

> > --
> > Cyril Ferlicot
> > https://ferlicot.fr <https://ferlicot.fr/>

Re: Website is down

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Is it a static website or does it have code behind it?

Could we use S3 at AWS?

> On Jan 22, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 14:03, Esteban Lorenzano
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> There is a problem with INRIA servers :(
>> They does not seems to support high traffic
>>

> They don't support high traffic nor high volume either. The download
> speed was awful then, and it's even worst now.
> But hey, those who pass all these obstacles to get to know and try
> Pharo are more likely to continue using it. :)
>

>> (supposing public from reddit and yc is high traffic?)
>
> Well... with at least a 100:1 ratio of visits:upvotes the hits must be
> at least two order of magnitude higher than on a regular day.
> Which makes me wonder... do we have any stats of that?
>
> These problems are "good" problems, and are the easiest to solve.
>

> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Website is down

John Pfersich
Maybe ask more people to join the Pharo Association to get funds to move the file server to a infrastructure that can handle a higher volume of traffic. I know that I’d be willing to increase my Bountysource contribution to help cover the cost. I don’t use Pharo professionally, but I try to push Smalltalk, and Pharo specifically as a solution in my work assignments.

Sent from my iPhone
https://boincstats.com/signature/-1/user/51616339056/sig.png
See https://objectnets.net and https://objectnets.org

> On Jan 23, 2019, at 13:57, Todd Blanchard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it a static website or does it have code behind it?
>
> Could we use S3 at AWS?
>
>> On Jan 22, 2019, at 9:37 AM, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> El mar., 22 ene. 2019 a las 14:03, Esteban Lorenzano
>> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>>
>>> There is a problem with INRIA servers :(
>>> They does not seems to support high traffic
>>>

>> They don't support high traffic nor high volume either. The download
>> speed was awful then, and it's even worst now.
>> But hey, those who pass all these obstacles to get to know and try
>> Pharo are more likely to continue using it. :)
>>

>>> (supposing public from reddit and yc is high traffic?)
>>
>> Well... with at least a 100:1 ratio of visits:upvotes the hits must be
>> at least two order of magnitude higher than on a regular day.
>> Which makes me wonder... do we have any stats of that?
>>
>> These problems are "good" problems, and are the easiest to solve.
>>

>> Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Website is down

kilon.alios
Personally I like the idea of turning this into a static web site, static websites can use bootstrap so they can play well with mobile devices too and then its easy to host on Github or Gitlab or whatever and avoid such pains. It will also make it much easier to manage. But hey I am nowhere near to being a web dev so what do I know :D