Website

Gwenaël Casaccio
Hi,

Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.
A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design. I'm not
sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug reports too ?
the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I still
want the
blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?

Gwen

Re: Website

Stefan Krecher
Great Idea!
I would suggest Github-Hosting and using Amber-Smalltalk as a
Frontend-Technology.

--
sent from my android phone

Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. Stefan Krecher
Neulander Str. 17, 27374 Visselhövede
Tel +49(0)4262 958848 mobil +49(0)172 3608616
http://krecher.com
Am 13.01.2013 12:45 schrieb "Gwenaël Casaccio" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.
> A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
> it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design. I'm not
> sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug reports too ?
> the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I still want
> the
> blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?
>
> Gwen

Re: Website

Holger Freyther
On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 12:45:28PM +0100, Gwenaël Casaccio wrote:

> Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.
> A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
> it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design. I'm not
> sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug reports too ?
> the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I
> still want the
> blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?

Website: I would like to not open the construction site right now. The main
issue I have is that the page looks outdated (e.g. last release in 2011) so
the integration of a widget for git commits and identi.ca messages would be
a great start. I would like to post-phone a big overhaul right now.

Blog: I mostly use it to end up on planet.smalltalk.org. So again having
something that aggregates RSS and then is aggregated by planet.smalltalk.org
would be very nice.

Re: Website

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 13/01/2013 12:45, Gwenaël Casaccio ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.

Such a pleasant way to start an email.  You're not a newcomer in this
community, Gwen, please keep a respectful tone.

> A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
> it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design. I'm not
> sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug reports too ?

Avoiding vendor lockin is part of the design.  Also, github doesn't let
you use a domain of your choice, AFAIK.

> the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I still
> want the blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?

Drupal can provide that too.

Paolo

Re: Website

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 13/01/2013 12:57, Stefan Krecher wrote:

> Great Idea!

Thanks :-)

> I would suggest Github-Hosting and using Amber-Smalltalk as a
> Frontend-Technology.

I would like a really simple and elegant website it shouldn't need a lot
of Javascript.
But anyway we will see :-)

> --
> sent from my android phone
>
> Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Inf. Stefan Krecher
> Neulander Str. 17, 27374 Visselhövede
> Tel +49(0)4262 958848 mobil +49(0)172 3608616
> http://krecher.com
>
> Am 13.01.2013 12:45 schrieb "Gwenaël Casaccio"
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Isn't it time for a new website, the current one is so ugly.
>     A new one could use the twitter bootstrap as a base css/theme,
>     it will look like may be more generic, anyway I like the design.
>     I'm not
>     sure but github could be use for the hosting, and for the bug
>     reports too ?
>     the website content could be easily migrated, I'm not sure if I
>     still want the
>     blog hosting, maybe an aggregator of gst user blog is enough?
>
>     Gwen

Re: Website

Stefan Krecher
2013/1/13 Gwenaël Casaccio <[hidden email]>

>  I would suggest Github-Hosting and using Amber-Smalltalk as a
> Frontend-Technology.
>

> I would like a really simple and elegant website it shouldn't need a lot
> of Javascript.
> But anyway we will see :-)

I like simple sites too - of course it could be done simple and elegant
with Amber. Using Amber would be a win-win situation - it would be a great
reference for amber and GST would gain publicity by having a stylish new
website using a cool Smalltalk-Framework.

I offered help for a relaunch some time ago - but of course a website is
not the primary goal of Paolo.

regards,
Stefan

Re: Website

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 13/01/2013 23:05, Stefan Krecher ha scritto:
> I like simple sites too - of course it could be done simple and elegant
> with Amber. Using Amber would be a win-win situation - it would be a great
> reference for amber and GST would gain publicity by having a stylish new
> website using a cool Smalltalk-Framework.
>
> I offered help for a relaunch some time ago - but of course a website is
> not the primary goal of Paolo.

Help is a very abstract word.

Patches, a plan for migration of existing data, and hosting on the other
hand are concrete.

Paolo

Re: Website

Holger Freyther
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:55:44AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> Patches, a plan for migration of existing data, and hosting on the other
> hand are concrete.

Where is it currently hosted? Who has access to the site? Which version
of drupal are we using? Is the issue tracker part of drupal?

holger

Re: Website

Paolo Bonzini-2
Il 14/01/2013 10:31, Holger Hans Peter Freyther ha scritto:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 09:55:44AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>
>> > Patches, a plan for migration of existing data, and hosting on the other
>> > hand are concrete.
> Where is it currently hosted?

GoDaddy.

> Who has access to the site?

To FTP, just me.

> Which version of drupal are we using?

5.2 plus security updates.

> Is the issue tracker part of drupal?

Yes.

Paolo

Re: Website

Gwenaël Casaccio
On 13/01/2013 23:05, Stefan Krecher wrote:

> 2013/1/13 Gwenaël Casaccio <[hidden email]>
>
>>   I would suggest Github-Hosting and using Amber-Smalltalk as a
>> Frontend-Technology.
>>

>> I would like a really simple and elegant website it shouldn't need a lot
>> of Javascript.
>> But anyway we will see :-)
>>
> I like simple sites too - of course it could be done simple and elegant
> with Amber. Using Amber would be a win-win situation - it would be a great
> reference for amber and GST would gain publicity by having a stylish new
> website using a cool Smalltalk-Framework.
>
> I offered help for a relaunch some time ago - but of course a website is
> not the primary goal of Paolo.
>
> regards,
> Stefan

Great, can you share your ideas ? I am curious :-) I like the design of
the Haskell website (www.haskell.org) I would like something similar for
Gst.

Gwen