Weird Error

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Weird Error

Sean DeNigris
I'm getting a DNU #ifTrue:ifFalse which seems to come from somewhere deep inside Metacello. 

The top of the call chain is:
DoItIn: arg1
^ (MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad signal: self)
ifTrue: [ | tmp2 |
tmp2 := Transcript.
tmp2
cr;
show: 'Skipping load of modified package: ' , self file.
arg1 home return: self ]
ifFalse: [ | tmp4 |
tmp4 := Transcript.
tmp4
cr;

Any ideas? The project load is during startup if that matters.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird Error

Dale Henrichs-3

Sean,

There are only a few places in the Metacello code base (looking in tODE) that handle a MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad and they both resume with a Boolean ... MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad is a subclass of Notification, so if some piece of code is catching Notification or above and doing a simple resume, then you've found your culprit ... sounds like something startup code might do when the system isn't able to handle GUI interaction ... but it's a pretty harsh solution .... if you do find that some part of the startup mechnism outside of Metacello is the culprit, you could wrap your call with a MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad handler that resumes with the #defaultAction ...

Dale

On 2/26/19 8:49 AM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
I'm getting a DNU #ifTrue:ifFalse which seems to come from somewhere deep inside Metacello. 

The top of the call chain is:
DoItIn: arg1
^ (MetacelloSkipDirtyPackageLoad signal: self)
ifTrue: [ | tmp2 |
tmp2 := Transcript.
tmp2
cr;
show: 'Skipping load of modified package: ' , self file.
arg1 home return: self ]
ifFalse: [ | tmp4 |
tmp4 := Transcript.
tmp4
cr;

Any ideas? The project load is during startup if that matters.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird Error

Sean DeNigris
On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 12:39:29 PM UTC-5, Dale wrote:

if some piece of code is catching Notification or above and doing a simple resume, then you've found your culprit

Thanks. I asked on Pharo-Dev because I never got this error in P6.1 

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Weird Error

Dale Henrichs-3

I saw your mail, but you might want to explicitly ask if there are any handlers for Notifications in the startup code ... that's my suspicion:)

Dale

On 2/26/19 10:18 AM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 12:39:29 PM UTC-5, Dale wrote:

if some piece of code is catching Notification or above and doing a simple resume, then you've found your culprit

Thanks. I asked on Pharo-Dev because I never got this error in P6.1 
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Metacello" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.