Weird Javascript error on load: DOMException

Weird Javascript error on load: DOMException

philippeback
I am facing something rather annoying.

(I've disabled all of the Chrome extensions in this)

When the JavaScript console is open when loading Amber (the stock version, latest from the git repo).

When I load Amber, I do get this JavaScript DOMException related to jQuery.

Then, if I hit continue in the JavaScript debugger, Amber shows.

But upon clicking on entries in the Browser, I get the same symptoms (and errors in codemirror).

See screenshots.

When I keep the console closed, things do "work".

Any ideas on why this behavior and how to fix?

I have been running the system on 4001 but this is the same with 4000 (I have amber examples running on 4000 on that box).

 ./bin/server --port 4001
Starting file server on 127.0.0.1:4001

Phil

=?UTF-8?B?Q2FwdHVyZSBk4oCZZcyBY3JhbiAyMDEzLTA1LTI0IGHMgCAxNS40OC4xNi5wbmc=?= (222K) Download Attachment
=?UTF-8?B?Q2FwdHVyZSBk4oCZZcyBY3JhbiAyMDEzLTA1LTI0IGHMgCAxNS41MC41OS5wbmc=?= (261K) Download Attachment

Re: Weird Javascript error on load: DOMException

John McKeon
FWIW most IDEs will break on exceptions whether they are handled or not. Whenever i have the javascript console open, for *any* code, i will see exceptions breaking that would otherwise never be noticed if the console were closed. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Regards,
John

On Friday, May 24, 2013, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am facing something rather annoying.
> (I've disabled all of the Chrome extensions in this)
> When the JavaScript console is open when loading Amber (the stock version, latest from the git repo).
> When I load Amber, I do get this JavaScript DOMException related to jQuery.
> Then, if I hit continue in the JavaScript debugger, Amber shows.
> But upon clicking on entries in the Browser, I get the same symptoms (and errors in codemirror).
> See screenshots.
> When I keep the console closed, things do "work".
> Any ideas on why this behavior and how to fix?
> I have been running the system on 4001 but this is the same with 4000 (I have amber examples running on 4000 on that box).
>  ./bin/server --port 4001
> Starting file server on 127.0.0.1:4001
> Phil

jmck.seasidehosting.st

Re: Weird Javascript error on load: DOMException

philippeback
Mmh, yeah, for JavaScript that is... It is annoying since when the console is open, every click in the browser triggers such problems at the moment. Didn't behave like that some commits ago methinks.

Phil

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
FWIW most IDEs will break on exceptions whether they are handled or not. Whenever i have the javascript console open, for *any* code, i will see exceptions breaking that would otherwise never be noticed if the console were closed. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Regards,
John

On Friday, May 24, 2013, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am facing something rather annoying.
> (I've disabled all of the Chrome extensions in this)
> When the JavaScript console is open when loading Amber (the stock version, latest from the git repo).
> When I load Amber, I do get this JavaScript DOMException related to jQuery.
> Then, if I hit continue in the JavaScript debugger, Amber shows.
> But upon clicking on entries in the Browser, I get the same symptoms (and errors in codemirror).
> See screenshots.
> When I keep the console closed, things do "work".
> Any ideas on why this behavior and how to fix?
> I have been running the system on 4001 but this is the same with 4000 (I have amber examples running on 4000 on that box).
>  ./bin/server --port 4001
> Starting file server on 127.0.0.1:4001
> Phil

jmck.seasidehosting.st

Re: Weird Javascript error on load: DOMException

Nicolas Petton
 Hi!

what is the last commit in you repo? I can't reproduce it :/

Nico

On May 24, 2013, at 3:54 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

I am facing something rather annoying.

(I've disabled all of the Chrome extensions in this)

When the JavaScript console is open when loading Amber (the stock version, latest from the git repo).

When I load Amber, I do get this JavaScript DOMException related to jQuery.

Then, if I hit continue in the JavaScript debugger, Amber shows.

But upon clicking on entries in the Browser, I get the same symptoms (and errors in codemirror).

See screenshots.

When I keep the console closed, things do "work".

Any ideas on why this behavior and how to fix?

I have been running the system on 4001 but this is the same with 4000 (I have amber examples running on 4000 on that box).

 ./bin/server --port 4001
Starting file server on 127.0.0.1:4001

Phil

<Capture d’écran 2013-05-24 à 15.48.16.png><Capture d’écran 2013-05-24 à 15.50.59.png>