Werner's work on wiki

SergeStinckwich
Dear all,

I just rediscovered Werner's work on the Wiki:
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-DHB-wk
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FastFourierTransformation
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-KDTree
- https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-KernelSmoothing

This is really nice. We should move all these examples in the
SciSmalltalk repo. We could be nice is to have something like the
Roassal examples.

BTW, Werner, I move all the pictures files inside the wiki repo,
instead of using links to your own repo.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

Re: Werner's work on wiki

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed. Please try to use the GTExample infrastructure. It is already in place, and you get out-of-the-box integration with Spotter (and even Nautilus if you want to run them as tests).

For example, look at packages:
- GTDummyExamples (class side for examples hosted directly in a domain class)
- GTDummyExampleProvider (class and instance side for external examples)

Or take a look at RTGeneralExample (in Roassal) to see a set of examples for Roassal.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Mar 7, 2016, at 10:15 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I just rediscovered Werner's work on the Wiki:
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-DHB-wk
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FastFourierTransformation
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-FunctionFit
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-KDTree
> - https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wiki/Math-KernelSmoothing
>
> This is really nice. We should move all these examples in the
> SciSmalltalk repo. We could be nice is to have something like the
> Roassal examples.
>
> BTW, Werner, I move all the pictures files inside the wiki repo,
> instead of using links to your own repo.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: Werner's work on wiki

SergeStinckwich
On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Indeed. Please try to use the GTExample infrastructure. It is already in place, and you get out-of-the-box integration with Spotter (and even Nautilus if you want to run them as tests).
>
> For example, look at packages:
> - GTDummyExamples (class side for examples hosted directly in a domain class)
> - GTDummyExampleProvider (class and instance side for external examples)

Interesting ! What is the benefits of using this infrastructure ?

> Or take a look at RTGeneralExample (in Roassal) to see a set of examples for Roassal.

Yes I already know Roassal examples.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Werner's work on wiki

werner kassens-2
On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:16:37 PM UTC+1, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
BTW, Werner, I move all the pictures files inside the wiki repo,
instead of using links to your own repo.

Hi Serge,
yes, thanks for doing that! i only fear that i will not be able to upload new pictures to this repo: i just tried to look at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/ after having logged into my github account and this was not possible (i could see https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/NNPlot.jpg though), although i normally can edit your wiki with my github account. hence it is possible (?) that i still have to upload new pictures to my repo. i mention this only because i think i'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel regarding the interval arithmetic project and i would need some pictures for the docu.
werner

Re: Werner's work on wiki

Tudor Girba-2

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 3:10 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Indeed. Please try to use the GTExample infrastructure. It is already in place, and you get out-of-the-box integration with Spotter (and even Nautilus if you want to run them as tests).
>>
>> For example, look at packages:
>> - GTDummyExamples (class side for examples hosted directly in a domain class)
>> - GTDummyExampleProvider (class and instance side for external examples)
>
> Interesting ! What is the benefits of using this infrastructure ?

I explain the benefits briefly above. They are discoverable, they are reusable because they return an instance (you can also define dependencies between examples and the dependent will be passed as an argument), they can be transformed into tests simply by adding a “self assert: “ inside.

>> Or take a look at RTGeneralExample (in Roassal) to see a set of examples for Roassal.
>
> Yes I already know Roassal examples.

They use the GTExample infrastructure, but we are still transitioning them to the latest pattern. That is why I pointed you to the RTGeneralExample because this is the way we would like to move forward.

Cheers,
Doru

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: Werner's work on wiki

SergeStinckwich
The easiest way is to clone the wiki like a github repo :

git clone https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk.wiki.git

and you will have access to the wikifiles directory.

We will move later the wiki to a doc repository and use Pillar instead
of markdown.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:16:37 PM UTC+1, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>>
>> BTW, Werner, I move all the pictures files inside the wiki repo,
>> instead of using links to your own repo.
>

> Hi Serge,
> yes, thanks for doing that! i only fear that i will not be able to upload
> new pictures to this repo: i just tried to look at
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/
> after having logged into my github account and this was not possible (i
> could see
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/NNPlot.jpg
> though), although i normally can edit your wiki with my github account.
> hence it is possible (?) that i still have to upload new pictures to my
> repo. i mention this only because i think i'm beginning to see the light at
> the end of the tunnel regarding the interval arithmetic project and i would
> need some pictures for the docu.
> werner

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Werner's work on wiki

stepharo
Serge

can you create a github repo for Polymath?
I could do it but I think that this is the best that you control it.

Stef

Le 12/3/16 14:22, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :

> The easiest way is to clone the wiki like a github repo :
>
> git clone https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk.wiki.git
>
> and you will have access to the wikifiles directory.
>
> We will move later the wiki to a doc repository and use Pillar instead
> of markdown.
>

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 8:29 PM, werner kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Monday, March 7, 2016 at 10:16:37 PM UTC+1, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>>> BTW, Werner, I move all the pictures files inside the wiki repo,
>>> instead of using links to your own repo.
>>
>> Hi Serge,
>> yes, thanks for doing that! i only fear that i will not be able to upload
>> new pictures to this repo: i just tried to look at
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/
>> after having logged into my github account and this was not possible (i
>> could see
>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk/wikifiles/NNPlot.jpg
>> though), although i normally can edit your wiki with my github account.
>> hence it is possible (?) that i still have to upload new pictures to my
>> repo. i mention this only because i think i'm beginning to see the light at
>> the end of the tunnel regarding the interval arithmetic project and i would
>> need some pictures for the docu.
>> werner

Re: Werner's work on wiki

SergeStinckwich
On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Serge
>
> can you create a github repo for Polymath?
> I could do it but I think that this is the best that you control it.

Yes I already create a PolyMathOrg org here:
https://github.com/orgs/PolymathOrg/dashboard

Can we move first the SmalltalkHub repo and after that github ?

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Werner's work on wiki

stepharo

> On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 7:36 AM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Serge
>>
>> can you create a github repo for Polymath?
>> I could do it but I think that this is the best that you control it.
> Yes I already create a PolyMathOrg org here:
> https://github.com/orgs/PolymathOrg/dashboard
>
> Can we move first the SmalltalkHub repo
sure.
>   and after that github ?
I think that for now we should just use the bug tracker and wiki
and in the future we will see.

Re: Werner's work on wiki

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

On 15/03/16 12:12, stepharo wrote:

>>   and after that github ?
> I think that for now we should just use the bug tracker and wiki
> and in the future we will see.

+10 ;-)

Offray

Re: Werner's work on wiki

werner kassens-2
Hi Serge,
i uploaded a docu for realinterval and put the pictures at the usual place, because uploading them to the wiki via that git trick was not possible (error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing https://github.com/SergeStinckwich/SciSmalltalk.wiki.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed )
werner