What I gain from using amber smalltalk?

abdo salah
What I gain from using amber smalltalk instead of JavaScript ?

Re: What I gain from using amber smalltalk?

philippeback

For me, the main benefit is that I can translate my ideas into a working prototype faster.

The infrastructure also helps with the management of dependencies.

It makes the whole JS mess more manageable as well. I can make a clean DSL for my topic without being exposed to the intricies of Js.

At the same time I can tap into the Js ecosystem without too much trouble with native methods.

HTH
Phil

Phil

Le 28 janv. 2015 06:12, "abdo salah" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
What I gain from using amber smalltalk instead of JavaScript ?

Re: What I gain from using amber smalltalk?

sebastianconcept
Here is my probably incomplete list:

- Easy to implement Classes and your own hierarchy
- Reuse the battle-tested and elegant Smalltalk hierarchy
- Clean syntax that encourages a more humane way to code
- Instant feedback though inspectors for snippets in running apps
- A debugger showing you the stack of messages sends
- The enhanced productivity that all of the above combined

More I can't recall now? :D

What did you saw that cached your attention?