What about VersionResource on Win98 ?

Sebastián Sastre
Hi there,

  it is possible that VersionResource does not work in win98 ?

  Anybody knows if exists a work arround for this? Unfortunately I need
this functionality in that nearly deprecated OS.

  regards,

Sebastián

Re: What about VersionResource on Win98 ?

Sebastián Sastre
If matters, I use

VersionResource onPath: 'MyDolphinApp.exe'

to know the program version directly from the exe of the application

It seems to be that the win98 library who resolves this, does not
recognize something in the format of the deployed exe. I deploy from a
dolphin on XP.

any clue?

regards

Sebastián

Re: What about VersionResource on Win98 ?

Chris Uppal-3
Sebastián,

>   it is possible that VersionResource does not work in win98 ?

The MSDN documentation doesn't mention any problems (that are relevant here)
but I still wouldn't be surprised to find that it didn't work.

>   Anybody knows if exists a work arround for this? Unfortunately I need
> this functionality in that nearly deprecated OS.

Perhaps you could copy the version string(s) into your application's image as
part of deployment, that way the data would be embedded in the application in a
way that you could get at no matter what OS you were running on.

    -- chris

Re: What about VersionResource on Win98 ?

Sebastián Sastre
Actually I don't want to duplicate the source of that information (as I
did before). But I do setup a MyAppRuntimeManager class variable with
aVersionResource instantiated just before the creation of the
executable in the stripping process.

It seems to be a rasonable way to do it.

Anyway, thank you for your inspiration

best regards,

Sebastian