What could we learn from Seaside?

1 message Options

What could we learn from Seaside?

Nicolas Petton
Hi all,

I would like to talk about what we could learn from Seaside.

The first thing I'm thinking is about sessions. In Aida the session
parameter is everywhere, especially during the rendering phase.

Seaside has a clever way to deal with sessions, and we could do
something similar:

With a subclass of Notification named CurrentWebSession, we could change
AIDASite>>answerTo: like this:

RbCurrentWebSession
                use: aSession
                during: [..."all request answering code here"...]

This way, we could have:

WebElement>>session
        ^CurrentWebSession value

And we could improve some parts of Aida/Web, espacially
WebElement>>printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on: aSession
and a lot of others.

What do you think?

Cheers!

Nico