What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

horrido
A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

philippeback

A Pharoer

Le 28 déc. 2014 16:29, "horrido" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

horrido
I guess that's consistent with Smalltalker in a boring sort of way.

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
a smalltalker using pharo

> On Dec 28, 2014, at 1:28 PM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

NorbertHartl

> Am 28.12.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:
>
> a smalltalker using pharo

+1

Norbert

>> On Dec 28, 2014, at 1:28 PM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

Torsten Bergmann
A brave developer ;)

Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>schrieb:

> Am 28.12.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:
>
> a smalltalker using pharo

+1

Norbert

>> On Dec 28, 2014, at 1:28 PM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

philippeback
Someone who can stand by its choices and doesn't care what the mainstream thinks.

I like Pharoer, it rhymes with outlier.

Jokes aside, Pharo is solid for commercial work.

We need to enhance the command line tooling and the scaling facilities, which is definitely doable and not a problem of Pharo by itself.

I am proud to be a Pharoer.

Phil

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
A brave developer ;)

Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>schrieb:

> Am 28.12.2014 um 18:10 schrieb Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]>:
>
> a smalltalker using pharo

+1

Norbert

>> On Dec 28, 2014, at 1:28 PM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> A Pharoite? A Pharoan? A Pharonian?

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

stepharo
Tx Phil.
I'm proud too :)

> Someone who can stand by its choices and doesn't care what the
> mainstream thinks.
>
> I like Pharoer, it rhymes with outlier.
>
> Jokes aside, Pharo is solid for commercial work.
>
> We need to enhance the command line tooling and the scaling
> facilities, which is definitely doable and not a problem of Pharo by
> itself.
>
> I am proud to be a Pharoer.
>
> Phil

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

HilaireFernandes
Le 28/12/2014 21:04, [hidden email] a écrit :

> Jokes aside, Pharo is solid for commercial work.

It is crazy how it seems so successful in this particular area.

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hilaire,

> On 29 Dec 2014, at 12:21, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 28/12/2014 21:04, [hidden email] a écrit :
>>
>> Jokes aside, Pharo is solid for commercial work.
>>

> It is crazy how it seems so successful in this particular area.

I have a hard time interpreting this remark as positive.

Why do you say that is 'crazy' ?

Why do you say 'seems' ?

Why do you say 'this particular area' ?

Sven

Le 29/12/2014 13:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :

> Hilaire,
>
>> On 29 Dec 2014, at 12:21, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Le 28/12/2014 21:04, [hidden email] a écrit :
>>>
>>> Jokes aside, Pharo is solid for commercial work.
>>>

>> It is crazy how it seems so successful in this particular area.
>
> I have a hard time interpreting this remark as positive.

I think one should be careful when writing email as my enthusiastic tone
was not transported through the wire.

It is only mean to be a p-o-s-i-t-i-v-e remark, one can rephrase it as:
"It is wonderful to see Pharo successful in the business area because in
the long term it can definitely help to sustain the Pharo evolution,
maturation and development effort, thanks to the support that such
successful business can/could contribute to Pharo, though visibility,
financial support or/and source code contribution to Pharo core or
external Pharo library package."

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Re: What do you call someone who writes Pharo code?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 30 Dec 2014, at 12:39, Hilaire <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 29/12/2014 13:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
>> Hilaire,

>>> It is crazy how it seems so successful in this particular area.
>>
>> I have a hard time interpreting this remark as positive.
>
> I think one should be careful when writing email as my enthusiastic tone
> was not transported through the wire.
>
> It is only mean to be a p-o-s-i-t-i-v-e remark, one can rephrase it as:
> "It is wonderful to see Pharo successful in the business area because in
> the long term it can definitely help to sustain the Pharo evolution,
> maturation and development effort, thanks to the support that such
> successful business can/could contribute to Pharo, though visibility,
> financial support or/and source code contribution to Pharo core or
> external Pharo library package."

Ah, cool. Sorry about the misinterpretation.