What does "Signal:1" mean?

Long Haired David
I am testing my Seaside development - Instantiations VAST 9.0 - and I am getting "Signal: 1" as an error. The problem is that the stack doesn't tell me where the error is, or at least not that I can understand. I attach a screen shot and the stack trace. Can anyone help me understand this please?

David
Totally Objects

Message sent using Winmail Mail Server

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 13.26.26.png (88K) Download Attachment
stack.txt (14K) Download Attachment
David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989

Re: What does "Signal:1" mean?

jtuchel

David

I guess you should take a closer look at this part of the Stack:

OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>#first self=OrderedCollection()

OrderedCollection>>#first self=OrderedCollection() TM470User>>#carCardForRoadNumber: self=a TM470User id='BM:33549'

[] in TM470CurrentTrain>>#constructCarsUsing: self=a TM470CurrentTrain aUser=a TM470User carArray=OrderedCollection('BM:33549' 'BAR:6724' 'CP:240000'

Seems like you try to use the first element in an empty Collection. Not related to Seaside, afaik.

Joachim

David Pennington <[hidden email]> hat am 19. Dezember 2017 um 14:30 geschrieben:

I am testing my Seaside development - Instantiations VAST 9.0 - and I am getting "Signal: 1" as an error. The problem is that the stack doesn't tell me where the error is, or at least not that I can understand. I attach a screen shot and the stack trace. Can anyone help me understand this please?

David
Totally Objects

Message sent using Winmail Mail Server

Re: What does "Signal:1" mean?

Long Haired David
Oh, shucks. Didn't open the stack up far enough! Back to the drawing board (or keyboard!).

Thanks Joachim. Note to self: check the obvious first! (I wouldn't mind but I have been writing Smalltalk for 27 years so I should know this).

David

I guess you should take a closer look at this part of the Stack:

OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>#first self=OrderedCollection()

OrderedCollection>>#first self=OrderedCollection() TM470User>>#carCardForRoadNumber: self=a TM470User id='BM:33549'

[] in TM470CurrentTrain>>#constructCarsUsing: self=a TM470CurrentTrain aUser=a TM470User carArray=OrderedCollection('BM:33549' 'BAR:6724' 'CP:240000'

Seems like you try to use the first element in an empty Collection. Not related to Seaside, afaik.

Joachim

David Pennington hat am 19. Dezember 2017 um 14:30 geschrieben: