What does the Package and Sub-Package comment do?

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What does the Package and Sub-Package comment do?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I notice that you can sort of put comments on packages - but I’m not sure if this is working or if its supposed to work?

When I type something it seems to create and extra Manifest tag, and then the comment that I type seems to be the same for the package and all of its sub tags?

Is this a work in progress? Should Calypso even show a comment for the tags (or is it read only for them - as its the parent).

I’m just not clear on what it does, and whether I can programmatically add stuff to it or not? (I was thinking for exercism to store exercise information there - but maybe I will stick to the test class comment)

Tim
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What does the Package and Sub-Package comment do?

Tim Mackinnon
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not sure whether to report a bug or not.

> On 22 Feb 2019, at 14:48, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi - I notice that you can sort of put comments on packages - but I’m not sure if this is working or if its supposed to work?
>
> When I type something it seems to create and extra Manifest tag, and then the comment that I type seems to be the same for the package and all of its sub tags?
>
> Is this a work in progress? Should Calypso even show a comment for the tags (or is it read only for them - as its the parent).
>
> I’m just not clear on what it does, and whether I can programmatically add stuff to it or not? (I was thinking for exercism to store exercise information there - but maybe I will stick to the test class comment)
>
> Tim

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What does the Package and Sub-Package comment do?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi Tim.

Behaviour is similar to Pharo 6. When class is selected the comment belongs to the class. If not then it belongs to the package.
There is no such thing as a tag comment. 

I thought the default comment text is clear enough to avoid confusion. But probably it's not as you wrote this mail.
So it is a room for improvements.

Package comment is managed as a comment of ts manifest class. When you first time add it the manifest class is created.

25 февр. 2019 г. 15:09 пользователь "Tim Mackinnon" <[hidden email]> написал:
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Not sure whether to report a bug or not.

> On 22 Feb 2019, at 14:48, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi - I notice that you can sort of put comments on packages - but I’m not sure if this is working or if its supposed to work?
>
> When I type something it seems to create and extra Manifest tag, and then the comment that I type seems to be the same for the package and all of its sub tags?
>
> Is this a work in progress? Should Calypso even show a comment for the tags (or is it read only for them - as its the parent).
>
> I’m just not clear on what it does, and whether I can programmatically add stuff to it or not? (I was thinking for exercism to store exercise information there - but maybe I will stick to the test class comment)
>
> Tim