What happened to GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable?

What happened to GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable?

Philippe Marschall
Hello

Back when we discussed the WADynamicVariable refactoring I mentioned
introducing a GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable for easier porting. I
can't it, what happened to it.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: What happened to GRExceptionBasedDynamicVariable?

Johan Brichau-2
Hey,

Can you remember where you made that comment?
I tried searching in all related places:

Anyway… GRDynamicVariable is now implemented as an ‘exception based dynamic variable’ on platforms that do not support a DynamicVariable.
You propose to add that implementation to Grease-Core, so those platforms just have to extend that class with an empty GRDynamicVariable ?

Johan

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 10:14 AM, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Can you remember where you made that comment?

 [1]

> You propose to add that implementation to Grease-Core, so those platforms
> just have to extend that class with an empty GRDynamicVariable ?

Yes

 [1] http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside-dev/2017-May/007026.html

Cheers
Philippe