What has lightbox: been replaced with?

Tim Mackinnon
Hi - I was refreshing my memory on seaside (hence previous questions) - and there are a few decent tutorials still kicking around (and possibly we could convince people to update them).

I remembered that the PotsDam one was pretty good in the day - so was following that - and loaded up the tutorial code in Pharo 6.1 (and it mostly runs - but there are a few things that aren’t quite right).

However, one thing that has changed a  lot (I think) is the use of scriptaculous and Jquery - is the former now deprecated? As in the tutorial they have a component that does: self lightbox: <aComponent>

I can’t find any reference to lightbox in the image apart from a test that creates a jQuery dialog box - can I easily recreate the #lightbox: method using this?

I can see how you can render a jQuery new dialog - but you need a canvas to render on, and it seems that this old method must have done something with tasks - does anyone remember how this used to work (it seems a good learning for me in fixing this anyway).

Tim

Re: What has lightbox: been replaced with?

Paul DeBruicker
Scriptaculous is used less often than jQuery but isn't deprecated AFAIK.

See: https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside/issues/863 for an example of
recent efforts to keep it working.

Maybe you don't have the scriptaculous packages loaded in your image?

If you run

ConfigurationOfSeaside3 project stableVersion load: 'Scriptaculous'

Does that fix it?

Tim Mackinnon wrote

Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-General-f86180.html

Re: What has lightbox: been replaced with?

Johan Brichau-2
Well… we are pragmatic in the sense that we should not break things needlessly.
But other than that, scriptaculous was already on the way out of web development when Seaside 3.0 was released over 9 years ago.

I would recommend to use jQuery and use the jQuery bindings for Seaside to accomplish stuff.

Unfortunately, the best tutorial for jQuery in Seaside is the presentation of Lukas at ESUG 2009 in Brest.
I attached it to this email.

JQuery for Seaside.pdf (506K) Download Attachment
tty

Re: What has lightbox: been replaced with?

tty
Hi Tim

MaterialDesignLite has a modal demo:

https://mdl.ferlicot.fr/mdl?_s=1azfU55mAebRDK2V&_k=tJOU22VpFMP9AjCz

TwitterBootstrap has one

https://github.com/astares/Seaside-Bootstrap

I am in alpha now, but Zurb has em:
https://github.com/gettimothy/ZurbSeaside

You can view the Zurb modals here: https://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/reveal.html

cheers.

---- On Fri, 04 May 2018 05:17:28 -0400 Tim Mackinnon<[hidden email]> wrote ----
[...]

Gabriel Cotelli
H Tim,
If you use the bootstrap support in Willow you have a dialogBuilder providing the bootstrap modal support.

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 6:22 PM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Gabriel O. Cotelli
Desarrollo y Tecnología
Mercap
Tel: +54 (011) 5352.2372 al 74
http://www.mercapsoftware.com
This message is confidential. It may also contain information that is privileged or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received it by mistake please let us know by e-mail immediately and delete it from your system; also you shouldn't copy the message nor disclose its contents to anyone. Thanks.